What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2015 Edition - page 27

I know, but someone who is new to the forums and just posts his/her 10 favourite coasters on here might not take it like that.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

1. Shambhala: what's not to like it has amazing airtime at the back and the speed in the front something that I found amazing. The airtime going down into the airtime hill is truly fantastic, as well as when it hits the speed hill just after the Ampersand but of course my favourite part is the final airtime hill into the brake run leaving an amazing finish to regather yourself on the brake run.
2. Nemesis: The 1994 John Wardley Classic what's not to love about it, has intensity throughout and for something built in a pit which actually doesn't have a real drop is fantastic, my favourite part of the ride has to be part where it does the station flyover because it feels like you are going to hit the station.
3. Oblivion: I love this one trick pony as well another John Wardley Classic for what it does hanging over the edge and letting general members of the public look up at you with the question of don't look down will you look down will you survive pondering on the queue line videos, still gives me butterflies like Stealth once used to.
4. Dragon Khan: It briefly appeared in my number 2 spot with a night ride in the front row, but to be fair it is rough an intense rough which I loved and just kept reriding the lovely b&m forces.
5. Furius Baco: I can now understand why it's such a love hate coaster my first ride was in the inside seat and I loved it went round for a second ride and really couldn't ride it anymore as it was rough as hell.
6. Anubis: An amazing launch coaster with a fab rolling launch into an airtime hill also I realised that halfway through the layout the launch catches up with you such an amazing ride.
7. Stealth: My most ridden coaster this season, I love everything about it the launch the speed and how quick the ride is over reeling me on for more.
8. Saw: At first I despised this ride, and now I really love it so much airtime in the layout, so happy it's back in operation.
9. The Swarm: Once my favourite coaster but after riding baco it didn't feel the same I still find it a great coaster but just not as good as the other ones of its type.
10. Stampida: I was told that this was an horrendous woodie and I'd hate it but genuinely I liked it did have some airtime and only felt rough going round the corners just abit better than Nash which I rather enjoyed as well. I've done both in the back row and loved them.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Thom, I told you he was to PortAventura.

One more thing, there's actually people looking at Oblivion's drop? When I did it, it was nothing but bored and tired parents of young teens that have dragged them to the Towers, who didn't gave a rat's ass about anything else than sitting there, doing nothing. :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I know it was a joke :p I'm just saying that for a new member it might not be as obvious as they aren't really familiar with the CF humour and banter yet. With slightly more active members it's an entirely different matter. I personally love it when people question my top 10, gives me a reason to explain it, rather than just posting it here without anybody that cares.

Darren B

Giga Poster

I was going to come in here and post something ****, but as ThomVD is playing Policeman I won't bother.

Seriously though, I think challenging someone's number 1 or another coaster in their top 10 is a good discussion starter and that's something that should be promoted on the forums, and taking the Mikey when it's obviously a joke is also a great way to keep the forums lighthearted and fun.

However, for the sake of Thom, I'll address the matter in a more appropriate way. So,

Good evening, good Sir.

Would one be as kind as to lay out his reasoning for Raptor at Cedar Point being top of the most enjoyed roller coaster list in question, please. I, myself, would very much like to have a reasoned discussion around this choice, and I'd happily discuss over tea and cucumber sandwiches.

I very much look forward to your reasoned response.

Kind Regards,

Darren B.

Ps.

ThomVD said:
I personally love it when people question my top 10, gives me a reason to explain it, rather than just posting it here without anybody that cares.

Why is Karacho in your Top 10? Moron ;)

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Because it's fab, has a fun launch, lap bars, great inversions and the final dive loop into the tunnel is one of my fave inversions. I would question your #1, but you are actually spot on :wink: All the RMCs and B&M hypers though. Where is the variety??

Darren B

Giga Poster

B&M Hypers and RMC's are quite simply the best there is. How could I possibly remove them from my top 10 when there's nothing else I'd rather ride.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Get a more varied taste. That's the solution. Otherwise your top 10 list is so boring. Though I'll probably have the same problem once I ride more B&M hypers.

Darren B

Giga Poster

If it had more variety then it wouldn't be a true top 10, just like Jerry's poor excuse for one. I could easily put my favourite Floorless (Superman) or my favourite Intamin Launch coaster (Stormrunner) into my top ten but the fact remains - I'd still rather ride Nitro or NTG over both of them.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

ThomVD said:
I know it was a joke :p I'm just saying that for a new member it might not be as obvious as they aren't really familiar with the CF humour and banter yet.

I think CF should be sponsored by this up and coming drinks company to avoid this problem...

A03543BCE51132820537182203904_22e9e02f299.5.1.jpg

You guys can make it really subtle, like Towers did with Oblivion and Fanta...

P1060345.jpg

On a serious note, my Top 10 is in my signature, but I'll try and chuck in an explanation for each of them and post in here sometime in the future, since I know some of them are quite odd choices (Number 10 in particular probably raises a few eyebrows...)

TilenB

Strata Poster

Karacho is awesome, damn it!

Darren B said:
I, myself, would very much like to have a reasoned discussion around this choice, and I'd happily discuss over tea and cucumber sandwiches.

You forgot Gauda cheese in those sandwiches. Thom's Dutch, he'll get offended if there's no Gauda in the sandwiches.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^^ Black Mamba is a bit too low :wink: But I guess I will read that in your report soon. My personal odd choice is having Joris en de Draak so high. But I've explained that one often enough to people I think, both in person and on here.

^ Mate... Gouda* How dare you!

Darren B

Giga Poster

JoshC. said:
On a serious note, my Top 10 is in my signature, but I'll try and chuck in an explanation for each of them and post in here sometime in the future, since I know some of them are quite odd choices (Number 10 in particular probably raises a few eyebrows...)

X at number 10, X?

I'm **** done with this topic.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^^ Oh, damn, why does my language have to translate the simplest of things. My bad. I hope I haven't stirred any discomfort, Thom.

I sincerely apologize.

Ben

CF Legend

Darren B said:
JoshC. said:

X at number 10, X?

Yeah, you can't just drop a bombshell like that and leave the topic!

I presume Stealth was shut?

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Ben said:
Darren B said:
JoshC. said:

X at number 10, X?

Yeah, you can't just drop a bombshell like that and leave the topic!

I presume Stealth was shut?

haha, bit more then raised eyebrows then!

X is more a guilty pleasure of mine, and I ride it way too much to be honest, with Thorpe being my home park. I think it comes down to the fact that, when compared with a lot of Thorpe's rides, X is just a fun ride and a bit of a laugh. Every time I come off it, I have a smile on my face and just want to go round again. I think if it were in any other park, I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I do, but it always feels like a fun ride whenever I'm there. I had a bit of a soft spot for it when it was X:\No Way Out too.

I guess I can't quite explain it, but it was hard not to put it in my Top 10 given how much fun I have on it every time (even if there are plenty of other coasters which are better, and probably more deserving, of that place!).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Hang on, someone actually has X:/wtf in thier top ten? Hold the cucumber sandwiches. Do we need an intervention?

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Feel free to do an intervention! Or, even better, create a Kickstarter or something to raise funds for me to get to more parks to kick X out of my Top 10. :lol: