What's new

Tir Holmes

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Update

After leaving the computer on while I went out, 20 years passed in the game without new rides. It is now in operating year 63. In leu of having no rides for 20+ years, I built Twister, a 150ft (190ft off ground but station is 40ft up) floorless coaster with 5 inversions, a vertical drop and a top speed of 65mph.

Shot0040.jpg

One view of Twister.

Shot0041.jpg

Another view of Twister.

I also noticed a lack of kids rides so I added in 2 new kids rides. There is a Rocking Tug called Beached Boat which I surrounded with water and a Carosel called Wild Horses which I badly themed to a small wood. To put the water in around Beached Boat, I had to create a new cliff under Moto GP.

Shot0039.jpg

The new kids rides with Beached Boat on the left.

I have now also rethemed The Thriller. Instead of being fully indoors, it now goes round an Open-air castle.

Shot0045.jpg

The new theme of The Thriller.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuxxUlYXx2U[/youtube]
New POV.

I also took a picture of the thriller with no themeing except the Queue and station buildings.

Shot0044.jpg

alexr

Hyper Poster
Reminds me of when I first started RCT3, Then I was helped quite a lot by Furie which was useful (take his advice, it works well!)

Also a few points, the Floor less coaster looks horrifically unrealistic, the colors horrid, the layouts unrealistic and the corners look a bit small

Also I can see what mouse is saying about the Thriller coaster, the turns are fine but the screaming Squirell type drops a tad unrealistic, I can't help but feel you would be better using the Wild Mouse track in game known as Flying Dutchman Gold Mine as it's more realistic.

I would recommend that you start to try CS and see how you find it then work your way onto Custom track rides and Flat rides.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ I prefer to keep with what I've already got themeing wise as my copy of RCT3 is on my dad's computer and he doesn't particulary like me downloading stuff onto the computer.

For the Floorless coaster, it did have a more realistic layout without that vertical drop but I had to make the coaster taller due to it not making it over the loop. I might actually try to get rid of that drop now. I'll post the results in my next update.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ok, new Update (had a lot tonight due to me being on RCT3 a lot tonight)

Since the last Update I have added a new Windseeker ride, a few new cafes, added a yet un-opened, un-named Top Spin and re-tracked Twister.

Shot0046.jpg

The new design of Twister.

Shot0047.jpg

Another Picture of Twister.

Shot0048.jpg

The Top-spin. Any Name suggestions welcomed. Colours aren't final.

Shot0049.jpg

The new Windseeker ride in the station.

Shot0050.jpg

The Windseeker mid-course.

Shot0051.jpg

The new Overview of the park in Day.

Shot0052.jpg

The new overview of the park at night.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I'm still not that keen on the SLC Or the Floorless however it looks a bit better, I would change the coulors though.
For the floorless you can get the floorless trains on the extended coaster track which could help make it more realistic and it has more elements to play around with.
Also as for the Windseeker, ew it looks horrid, Why not try and get a real wind seeker in, it's much easier than CS to install http://www.rct-3.org/files/index.php?pa ... egoryID=35
Also your SLC Layouts not very good, I tried to make a Layout of one and this is what I got.
Shot6213.jpg

however for Non Custom Scenery I like the station for the Inverted coaster.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
What colours would you like Twister (the floorless) to be in then?

I know my SLC isn't the best recreation in the world but it'll do and where mine looks like there is something like the mni overbank just before the inlines, your's doesn't. cool)

alexr

Hyper Poster
Just something lighter coulor just lose the black it doesn't suit the coaster and even red with white supports would look better

As for the SLC I just tried to make it sort of quickly this morning and I must of forgot about that part.

Something I do like is the landscaping of the park though, it looks pretty good. The floorless layout looks better however it's the coulor that I don't like that black.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ok, I'll change that at some point, possibly tomorrow. The landscaping even though it looks good it can very annoying with the windseeker all on supports.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Raise the ground in square blocks underneath the ride, then use angled blocks of land to slope down from it. You may need to move paths and things, but it's possible. I think there's an option for 6x6 ground raising in a square?

I can't say too many times: learn to use the terrain system. It's fiddly and a complete arse, but once you've got it (and parks like this are perfect for practice), the look of your parks will improve massively, very quickly.

Another thing, I noticed that you run the game while building (you said the park was 64 years old or something). Design it paused and it stops annoying day/night/weather cycles and guests don't get lost when you screw up up a path.

Finally, the castle looks so much better than the other covered building. It may not be the dark ride you wanted, but it looks a damn sight better. RCT3 is all about compromise.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The main reason it's that old is (like I said) because I left it on when I went out.

Anyway, new update.

Basically, for this update I've recoloured Twister and the Top-spin, named the Top-spin and sorted out the land underneath the Windseeker.

Shot0053.jpg

The new colours of Twister.

Shot0054.jpg

Flipper, The named and recoloured Top-spin. I had to resist temptation to call this Washing Machine: The ride. :lol:

Shot0055.jpg

Windseeker with the updated land formation under it.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I'm starting to like this and it's looking better especially for a park without CS. I like the Floorless coasters colors better

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Update

For this update I've put in a new ghost train and a launched Zacspin.

Shot0060.jpg

The Bulding surronding Haunted Hotel, My ghost train.

Shot0061.jpg

Another angle on Haunted Hotel

Shot0059.jpg

Haunted Hotel without the building showing off it's admittidly bad themeing.

Shot0066.jpg

Rocket, my new launched Zac-spin which I've badly themed to being in a failed Space Shuttle mission.

Also, I was looking at the amounts of airtime each ride gives and somehow The Flume is way in the lead with 52 seconds :? . The next ride with the most airtime is Fall of Terror with 25. :? So none of my major rides have the most airtime with the max being 15 seconds on Tornado.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
New Update!

There hasn't been an update on here for a while so there is quite a bit of new stuff.

First up a new White Water Rapids ride, Gorge Walker. As you can see I have put some smoke effects on the entrance to the small tunnel and put a little splash zone on top of the tunnel so non-riders can still soak the riders.

Shot0087.jpg

You will get wet on this ride.

Next I built a car ride between Thriller and Gorge walker called AC racing. As you might have guessed it is a car ride very badly themed to racing like PBB's.

Shot0088.jpg

If you can't see anything it's hiding within the trees.

After that, I put in a clone of one my coasters from one of the campaigns, Duodevinginti.
Shot0086.jpg

This is actually one of my favourite coaster designs I've made as it is only around 70ft, has 8 inversions and is very, very compact. It overuses the Corkscrew a bit but it's still good.
If you're wondering about the name, it's eight in Latin. I was going to call it whatever fear of eight is in Latin but just eight sounded cooler in Latin.

I have also installed a new chairlift in to transport people from either side of the park. It is called Park Crosser.
Shot0089.jpg

The station at the thrill side of the park (next to rocket)

Shot0090.jpg

The station at the other side of the park. It is the brown station in this picture.

Shot0085.jpg

New overview of the park- day

Shot0091.jpg

New overview of the park- night