What's new

Throwing up on a ride

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do feel sick after a spiny ride, but no coaster or flat ride has ever made me physically sick.

However, the amount of alcohol consumed the night before a theme park visit has.

Last time I puked at the theme park was at Port Aventura. Enough said.

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Never thrown up on/after a ride.
I almost did when I was suffering from motion sickness and went on air twice in a row with about a two minute queue each time.
I was desperately looking for a bin. :x

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:
Sandstorm made me feel VERY sick but I wasn't sick just out of the game for about an hour or so, ask anyone at the 2006 Southport live. BORK.

I seem to recall Lucy offering you a sickly strawberry-flavoured drink to help you feel better too!

Nothing's ever made me sick, but pretty much all spinny rides make me feel it. The worst ever was the KMG Experience at the Irn-Bru Carnival in Glasgow a couple of years back. It took a couple of hours to get over that!

kmg_experience.jpg

kimahri

CF Legend
I threw up in the Metrocenter car park when Metroland was still there. Then again that might have been from driving around alot finding somewhere to go shopping.

I guess I could say I'm good with spin and spew rides since I've never thrown up after one of them.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
NEVER! Only alcohol and Avril Latrine make me spew (and dodgy raw egg pizzas as Vadge will testify).

However, I went to Thorpe with a big group of uni friends a while back, and both historians in the group chundered when the got off Vortex! Ha ha - I think the physical prowess of your average historian is pretty poor.

I always think that bush is well placed outside the Vortex exit :wink:

Steven

Giga Poster
Never on a ride.

After, yes it was at a live some of you may remember. Now lets not go into that.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Mamba the day before the live just a few weeks ago. I was participating in Coastin for Kids at Worlds of Fun and I made the mistake of eating french toasts right before, it was after lap 9 I think, and I made it to the bathroom, but I was feeling sick the rest of the day.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hey, at least it wasn't the next day. It was hotter the day before too. The past few days have made those two days seem like winter almost. Its been miserable! Oh I forgot, I threw up a little in my mouth on the day of live when I saw Taylor for the first time. The taste was there all day though. :)

herbinator

Mega Poster
Im very car sick and very sick after waltzers and tea cups, but never after a ride. But i do sometimes feel sick after x:/no way out. No big loss though. :lol:

ArronL94

Roller Poster
Gotta say ive never thrown up on a ride, but i have seen someone spew over the side.. HAHA, was at the ocean beach fair at Rhyl, I was thinking that the woman was really drunk. Not ideal for riding coasters while your drunk I must say.
:twisted:

Rory

Mega Poster
robbeal said:
Pierre said:
Sandstorm made me feel VERY sick but I wasn't sick just out of the game for about an hour or so, ask anyone at the 2006 Southport live. BORK.

I seem to recall Lucy offering you a sickly strawberry-flavoured drink to help you feel better too!

Nothing's ever made me sick, but pretty much all spinny rides make me feel it. The worst ever was the KMG Experience at the Irn-Bru Carnival in Glasgow a couple of years back. It took a couple of hours to get over that!

kmg_experience.jpg

Me and furie will agree with you on that :lol: *remembers back to Goose Fair 2006 trip*

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I seem to feel really sick after rides a lot, but that could also be due to the heat and in general fatigue from walking a lot. It's never made me throw up, though. Just feels like I have a rock in my stomach a lot. :?

UnleashedLlama

Roller Poster
I've never been sick on or after a ride, however I have been close. Vortex at Thorpe Park, after a particularly ropey KFC was the closest I have been probably.

I must be a bit twisted though, as I really enjoy seeing my friends go green on tea cup type rides etc. :lol:

I imagine I'll stop laughing if they're sick all over me one day. :?

(This is my first post on here by the way, having lurked about for years. Typical of me for my first post to be about vomit!)

A

Anonymous

I've never thrown up from a ride. The most I ever get is a little dizzy from some of the spinning rides. My wife on the other hand.......lol

Jer

Strata Poster
Usually I have a very strong stomach, but back in July when I went to Dorney, after riding Thunderhawk, Steel Force)x2), Revolution, Possessed, Whip (x2), The Log Flume, Hydra (x2) and Enterprise without a break, I came the closest ever to finally puking.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Let's Begin The List Shall We?

I puked for some inexplicable reason after Soarin' at Epcot

puked after Body Wars

Puked on the vekoma Boomerang at Great Escape

Puked on Twister/Tornado at Lake Compounce

Puked after 30 consecutive rides on Zoomerang (practically empty park) -- In all fairness it had followed a Fried Oreo Eating Contest

Puked after Tomahawk at SFNE

my friend puked after Bizarro and again after Mind Eraster, but he had a hangover from the night before.

and i get carsick all the time.

However, the trend for me is i usually puke after too many rides after eating way too much, or just after eating Panda Express. I puked at SFNE last week just from eating Panda Express.

I was on a rotor when a kid puked, causing several other to go off at almost the same time closing down the ride for a fairly long time.

My stomach's tolerance is through the roof normally.