What's new

Thoughts on 4chan

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
IMO 4chan is alright as long as you try and avoid /b/. If you've never been to 4chan.org, go to /mlp/ for your first visit. Then get the hell out. But what do you think of it?

Error

Strata Poster
...I still don't get it...

What do we think of 4chan? I have gone on there a couple times, I still dont see a big deal...

Sent while out and about

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Used to be a pretty huge /b/tard
Yeah...the infamous /b/ my roomie at uni got me into it, we "channed" every night for a few months.

Honestly, it was a fun place if you could handle it.
Was kind of like internet freedom in it's purest form.
You kind of become immune to the crap and find the gold. There was lots of great stuff on /b/
Also I got TONS of awesome wallpapers and pictures from the whole site. Not to mention that's where pretty much every meme and big thing on the net comes from so it was kind of fun being right at the start of it all.

Anywho we were kind of oldies (this was in 2008) and the site really went down hill. Mainly by n00bs who ruined a lot of its fun and broke the cardinal rule, I mean hell..it's now brought up on coaster forums ; )

But yeah, was a fun lil site that was kind of a test of will and tolerance. Many would be surprised but you need to be an open minded, tolerant and generally good person too "get" /b/ and really enjoy it.
Also have way too much time to kill, and thankfully we quit that place a while ago. Got boring.

edit: The guys who took the "anonymous" thing really seriously were losers, 4chan was just about fun not pestering scientology (granted that's fun) and hacking websites and being noble pirates...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My thoughts are it keeps people off the streets who shouldn't be allowed out onto the streets ;)

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's almost like creating these sort of threads are a **** badge of honour; "GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS 4CHAN THAT I LOOK AT SO THEREFORE THE FUNNY THINGS THEY DID ON /B/ 5 YEARS AGO I'M A PART OF!!!!!!!LOLOLOL!!111!!LOLOLSSSSSSHHHHRULE1"

Itt op is too young to be using the internet, let alone 4chan.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
Still made le topic though... I'm pretty sure that's what Smithy was getting at.
3q77dh

kimahri

CF Legend
JJLehto said:
Used to be a pretty huge /b/tard
Yeah...the infamous /b/ my roomie at uni got me into it, we "channed" every night for a few months.

Honestly, it was a fun place if you could handle it.
Was kind of like internet freedom in it's purest form.
You kind of become immune to the crap and find the gold. There was lots of great stuff on /b/
Also I got TONS of awesome wallpapers and pictures from the whole site. Not to mention that's where pretty much every meme and big thing on the net comes from so it was kind of fun being right at the start of it all.

Anywho we were kind of oldies (this was in 2008) and the site really went down hill. Mainly by n00bs who ruined a lot of its fun and broke the cardinal rule, I mean hell..it's now brought up on coaster forums ; )

But yeah, was a fun lil site that was kind of a test of will and tolerance. Many would be surprised but you need to be an open minded, tolerant and generally good person too "get" /b/ and really enjoy it.
Also have way too much time to kill, and thankfully we quit that place a while ago. Got boring.

edit: The guys who took the "anonymous" thing really seriously were losers, 4chan was just about fun not pestering scientology (granted that's fun) and hacking websites and being noble pirates...

HA!

1. /b/ used to be about utter chaos.
2. You are not an "oldie", By far.
3. Anonymous is deeper than that. I can see what it's made of and why they took the Guy Fawkes masks. Look at it now, It's all gone the same way down the ****. /b/ it's self is just a constant stream of reposts and none of the utter disregard of all common decency it used to have. And all understanding of anonymous and what it was for are gone.
4. Trolling is an actual art. Being an annoying dick isn't trolling.

The other boards are fine for what they do.