What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
They'd obviously ordered Stealth when Rita was still being built, didn't STOP them then did it?

Nope - but there had been accelerators built previously. It was a tried-and-true design.

Except for the problems, delays, cable-chuckings, break-downs and everything else that made Accelerators notorious when they first appeared (most of which affected the two in question, ironically)... Yeah, well "tried-and-true", obviously. Because B&M have the real reputation as wildcards from who nothing ever works.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
furie said:
Of course, they won't be able to build it because that area of the park is haunted!!!

Nah, it's covered with dog sht so they will call the scientists at Pedigree Chum to assess the situation during the middle of construction.

Mark

Strata Poster
Was it ever decided if that image of a nuclear style blast with Thorpe skyline in the background and just 2012 on it was real by the way?

I wouldnt say I am excited by this quite yet. Like Ian I will wait until we know more before I can speculate a bit. I would like it to be the Wingwalker thing but who knows.

At the moment I am intriqued as to what it is and whether it ties into that poster thing and therefore has any indication of theme/area etc...

We will know when the planning permission comes up on the website anyways...

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
New Coaster

Fab news for TP goers.
It will be interesting to see what's actually going to be built. My money's on the wing style ride, simply based on the marketing angle.

As an ex member of the TP mgmt team I know how things can change over the months / years from original concept, tendering & manufactures design options, budget allocation, ride concept artwork & theming through to final sign off & installation.

Project Hawk bore absolutely no resemblance to what was actually finally built on the site of Saw the ride.

So, as Jigsaw often said, let the games begin.

Ben

CF Legend
Merlin made a mistake with INTAMIN, not with B&M. They're different companies remember? Different reputations. One which has been BRILLIANT for them, ESPECIALLY with prototypes, and one that has been dire.

So, you're saying they can't buy ride types that have been around for a while cause they break, and can't buy prototypes for the same reason?

You really don't seem to understand HOW many times this company have bought the same ride types for numerous parks. It's sort of there modus operandi. It's really not uncommon though, is it? Six Flags bought the three Superman coasters, Flight Deck after Batman has been pointed out... A million examples outside of Merlin, so many more inside. Not even MENTIONING the fact that um, they're doing it AT THE MOMENT. They are building Cheetah Hunt and have plans for something similar next year at a sister park. **** the bed, they'd NEVER do that. Except they do, they are, and to suggest they wouldn't again shows a total ignorance about what Merlin actually do with their parks. Nice try UC, but, you're not right in a sea of wrong here, you're just an idiot.

Mark

Strata Poster
Let us be getting back on track now can we....

Mark said:
Was it ever decided if that image of a nuclear style blast with Thorpe skyline in the background and just 2012 on it was real by the way?

I wouldnt say I am excited by this quite yet. Like Ian I will wait until we know more before I can speculate a bit. I would like it to be the Wingwalker thing but who knows.

At the moment I am intriqued as to what it is and whether it ties into that poster thing and therefore has any indication of theme/area etc...

We will know when the planning permission comes up on the website anyways...

AJ

Giga Poster
People need to stop getting vexxed about others getting excited and assuming things. It's a roller coaster that's claimed to be "unique" let everyone have their own opinion at the moment instead of pushing the stick further up the ass. It's just fun speculation.

Personally, i'm expecting something relatively decent, mainly due to the fact it's on new land, it's like giving the park a blank canvas to play on (as opposed to dealing with the space they've had to adapt to fit something in).

So yeah, expecting something half decent and well planned out.

*note it's my OWN opinion*

Martyn B

CF Legend
Woop!

Regardless of what everyone thinks of Thorpe, I enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to this a lot! Finally, a nice big, thrilling coaster for us to look forward to!

Though how much should we read into that short layout that was in the other topic?

Mark

Strata Poster
Where are they building this Alex? I presume it will be on the other side of Stealth from the rest of the park, since that was where I remember a fair amount of in-fill.

AJ

Giga Poster
Bingo, It's on that sexy fresh bit of land they've been infilling for a couple years now <3

Ollie

CF Legend
Mark said:
that image of a nuclear style blast with Thorpe skyline in the background and just 2012 on it was real by the way?.
I bet they're going to theme it to an area after a nuclear blast so it means they don't have to theme it and can just have the area all dirt and deserted and call it 'themeing' :p

Looking at the layout though it seems likely to be a wing walker as otherwise it'll be **** as the layout is pretty crap. Either that or a 4D coaster but I dunno if B&M will make one.

AJ

Giga Poster
Ollie, wasn't that "layout" just to give an idea as to the size of the coaster, not the actual layout? *could be wrong*

Also, the Hotel is on hold. There's no need for one right now ;)

Mark

Strata Poster
Cool cool. Cheers for confirming AJ

Does mean it might be a bit crap for those who like getting construction pictures etc, unless you enjoy time in the Stealth or Depth Charge queues.

When I look back over my top coasters, a great deal of them are B&M. Knowing that this is indeed coming from the same company does fill me with a lot more hope then if it was anything else!

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a straight section after the first drop? A bit similar to Krake....

AJ

Giga Poster
Mark said:
Does mean it might be a bit crap for those who like getting construction pictures etc, unless you enjoy time in the Stealth or Depth Charge queues.

Could always go to the sunken gardens..... You know, that amazing "garden" Thorpe house in the corner of the park, right next to the winch building for Stealth......

Other then that, you'll be able to get photos from Monks walk easily, but like, that requires walking. It is, however, a very nice walk, regardless if the park is open or not.

So there'll be SOME locations, just not THAT many :)

Status
Not open for further replies.