What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Hyper Poster

Oh my goodness me those trains look gorgeous! I love the red lights! I'm so glad this will be my first wing rider, I can't wait!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
They are stunning!

Was wondering if anyone can see how many cars there are per train. From the concept art there's six.

I'm also assuming the train is fullt assembled.

Mark

Strata Poster
Stunning!

I feel a iddy biddy bit of Thorpe fanboyism returning.

I was very impressed with the trains when I saw the first picture on my phone today but I didn't look any further. Now I am home and have looked on full screen and seen the eyes with lights... WOW. Seriously impressed by this development. Its amazing how much some little LEDs will do.

I already liked the layout anyways and have been really pleased with the theming effort so far, well apart from that 'plonked' fuselage. The station is really taking shape, totally love the crashed van control booth. Everything about this project seems to have a consistency and a cohesion that makes the storytelling work.

Yay for Thorpe!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
nealbie said:
Oh Thorpe, you've done fantastically well!

Alas, in vain, everyone will still hate on you because you're Thorpe :p .

Got to start turning it around somewhere... this seems a good place to start.

Ben

CF Legend
nealbie said:
Oh Thorpe, you've done fantastically well!

Alas, in vain, everyone will still hate on you because you're Thorpe :p .

Um. No-one has said anything negative about the trains? And very little negative about the project in general? Care to quantify your statement?

They look epic. Love it.

tks

Strata Poster
Grey and grey and grey and grey, grey and grey and grey..

God the trains are boring.. (from those angles)

marc

CF Legend

Venom2053 said:
Oooh fancy :D But why the yellow wheels? They stand out too much on the black.
we learnt this at AI lol. Yellow shows up cracks better than any other colour :)

the king

Mega Poster
In the concept art, it showed glowing eyes on each section of the train. Does anyone know if every car is supposed to have LEDs on them as well, or it is just the front?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Trains look awesome, BUT they have a very short belt again, time to drop more weight so it is easy to fit in! Tight on Raptor =/

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
NBf7f.jpg

Wow! Looks seriously evil...can't wait for testing! :--D

Which do you prefer?

ke6Rb.jpg

8rl4G.jpg

Both draw comparisons to each other though...

Jools

Giga Poster
Wow, for once Merlin create something that looks at least half like the concept art. Haha. :p

The trains look amaze. :)

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Those LEDs will make night-riding so awesome, both for riders and spectators. Hopefully Thorpe will look after them well so we don't end up with lightless trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.