What's new

Thorpe Park Ride Closures?

Jools

Giga Poster
I am visiting Thorpe Park tomorow and due to the fact the park have got rid of the "rides unavailable" section on the website, does anyone know of any recent ride closures, I'm especilly interested in Stealth, as the last 4 times I've visited Thorpe it' been closed :( Thanks for any information you can give me :--D

Rush

Giga Poster
The rides unavailable section has been replaced by a scrollbar which will state if there are any closed rides. There aren't any rides closed yet but Thorpe (and especially Stealth) is very unpredictable when it comes to availability. You're best to check the site tomorrow morning or go on a fansite and see if anyone's noted anything today.

Unfortunately, unlike Benin, I don't possess a crystal ball so that's the best I can answer.

Jools

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
*Looks into my crystal ball*

All the rides will be unavailable...

I'm not aksing people to be psychic, I'm asking people who have been recently if any rides have been closed, as if a ride is closed, they are usually shut for quite some time.
But thanks Rush :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The reliability has been very good this year on my visits compared to previous years, with the exception of anything Intamin.

But really its hard to say what the rides will be open/closed at any park. At the end of the day, they are machine's and can be unpredictable. So we can only go on an average. Colossus/Stealth/Rumba are likely to have a funny 5 mins at some point and ocationally other rides may go down for a short period of time for technical faults, resets or sick. Sick seems to be most common on X, Saw or Vortex.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Most rides seemed to be OK on Wednesday, with the exception of Stealth. Stealth was closed until about 1:30, but it seemed to be due to actual maintenance work - there were engineers on the launch track and it looked like they were replacing a brake fin. Once it opened, it seemed to be working OK.

Jools

Giga Poster
Thanks guys, I guess I can only hope everythings open, but if not, oh well, there's a big variety of orides to ride otherwise, another question quickly, what are the queues normally like at this time of the year :? And I know no one but Nemesis Inferno owns a crystal ball, it's just taking in the weather, it being Sunday, a weekend rather than holiday and Thirteen being at Alton, hopefully that should mean relatively short queues right? :?