What's new

Thorpe Park Next Week - Term Times?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Looking into getting down to Thorpe to ride Saw (hopefully) next Wednesday or Thursday. However, I've heard mixed things about term times. Up here, the schools don't break up until next Friday.

Can anybody around Thorpe tell me if that's the same for them? Or will it be half term, and thus packed?

Also, wasn't sure whether or not to put this in Trip Planning, but I'm not planning, just a general question :p

Dave

CF Legend
Well im not breaking up till the end of the week and I think its similar for most other London Uni's

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah I break up from Uni on Friday. And was hoping that I'd have a week to get down to Thorpe whilst it isn't packed. But obviously we operate on a different term dates to the secondary schools and primary schools. Do we have anybody on the board in the Thorpe area? I can't begin to think where to look to get the term dates?

spicy

Giga Poster
Id also avoid Thorpe next weekend at all costs as I happen to know that aload of schools are going there on a trip.

Thorpe and thousands of school kids= Fail of a day.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Cheers Ben. It was late and I didn't think of it being that simple. I assumed I'd have had to go to the schools websites and find out like that, and I'd be clueless as to where to start.

And Spicy, do you mean next week, or weekend? As I was looking at Wednesday.

spicy

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
And Spicy, do you mean next week, or weekend? As I was looking at Wednesday.

As far as I know weekend, as thats when my brothers going with his school.

Dont blame me if other schools go during the week though :p

Tom

Hyper Poster
I reckon I might pop there with a friend on Monday or Tuesday, so it had better not be busy...