What's new

Thorpe Park... in silence?

Nic

Strata Poster
A leading theme park is challenging people to go on some of its most extreme rides - without screaming.
Thorpe Park in Surrey issued its "silent ride challenge" to see if it makes any difference to the normal day of shouting and screaming.

Visitors on June 15 will be asked if they want to go on a spinning water ride, rollercoaster or vertical drop without letting out any terrifying screams.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/break ... z1Oae25gYf

Obviously most of us would find that pretty easy to do, but what do you think? Is this just another publicity stunt, or is it on a day they're doing a sound survey for a future ride? What do you think...?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It might be interesting to hear, it could change the atmosphere of the park I'd have thought. Especially in the queues for the specific rides. I think it'd be fairly easy to do (for me anyway) as I'm not a screamer. ;)

However, I still think it's a daft publicity stunt. I'm of the opinion that parks shouldn't need to use these publicity stunts to get people in the park, their selection of rides should be enough.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Going to Thorpe without any senses at all may actually improve the experience...

Slightly...

And why is this in the Belfast Telegraph? Or did Thorpe's island break off and float over there?

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben: lol! I knew someone would say that! haha

Benin: I know. I heard about it because one of my colleagues heard it on the radio and mentioned it. That was the only real article I could find online about it after a (very quick) google.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I spotted it this morning, but couldn't be arsed to drag up the "crap publicity stunts" topic.

Will it make any difference to a "normal day of shouting and screaming"?

Probably not. I can't imagine the Wednesday after half term being one of the loudest days anyway.

Next!

Karen

Hyper Poster
Well I would definately have trouble not shouting, screaming and swearing on Stealth, just ask Ian after a wet run one Ghosterforce!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
This wouldn't be a challenge for me at all as on coasters I just sit/stand/fly with a huge smile on my face and if I do make a noise I am either laughing, Talking to the person next to me on the lift or shouting "WOOOOOOOOOOO"