What's new

Thorpe Park in August

coasterC

Roller Poster
The park was relatively busy, and the queues for both SAW attractions were huge. Luckily, we got a Fastrack for all rides all day, and only had to wait a little for the very busy colossus where they decided to put the normal queuers through THREE TRAINLOADS AT A TIME before us money paying fastrackers :evil: . Nemesis Inferno suffered two breakdowns BOTH when we were at the volcano stage in the queue and nearly inside the station. SAW was OK though, and we rode it a few million times before the day had ended :) Slammer opened very late in the day after a severe technical fault, but I think It's an evil, evil thing anyway so didn't care much. Rush was fine, so was Zodiac, and Detonator was good for the early hours. It closed for an hour or so in the afternoon though. The only faultless rides that day were SAW the ride, colossus, rush, zodiac, Stealth, X no way out, flying fish and tidal wave. Oh, BTW on that trip while waiting torturous time for colossus I notice what looks like an entrance to a Halloween maze in the back of X no way out. Was it the curse? I seem to remember that was by colossus. Anyway that was more a ride reliability rant more than anything, but I had a great time with my mates on the majority of the rides. One of the mates who was with me is lewisrox, another member on CF. Well, not member member, but member. If u no what I mean. n00b, thats it. Like me!! :--D Loves it, Thorpe Park is brilliant. The highlight of the day was the inclusion of the stealth pole position fastrack on the Ultimate Fastrack. Brilliant, seeing the track rapidly disappearing and then the sky!! Great day, but the rides weren't too reliable. C