What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember there being a thread about “craziest supports” or something to that effect a few years back.

I think this support here would be a pretty good candidate for that thread! It’s absolutely nuts!

Matt N

CF Legend
Am I right in saying that the huge support is supporting both the Immelmann and the dive loop to some degree?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Immelmann is flying up!
Screenshot_20231212-220248.png

Interesting stuff starts at 4:26, I've skipped ahead to this in the video.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Am I right in saying that the dive loop and immelmann are now being built concurrently?

Things do seem to be progressing quickly on site; I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the track is mostly done by the end of 2023!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Am I right in saying that the dive loop and immelmann are now being built concurrently?

Things do seem to be progressing quickly on site; I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the track is mostly done by the end of 2023!
Correct, however I think a mid to late January track completion is more likely as after next Friday, I imagine they'll take a two-week break over the holidays.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This update from the park yesterday shows how the two inversions are being built at the same time, because they both share supports from the Kerplunk tower:

Jack Silkstone said in a vlog a little while back that the project / construction manager expects the track to be completed in January.

I imagine that weather plays a part in the schedule right now, especially with the lift hill. Equally whenever they can hire equipment to work at those heights.