What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

jasone

Roller Poster
4fa123f933f6a6b32f74f4f82f8cae31.jpg

Ohh she’s perfect

It honestly looks like when me and my friends used to play roller coaster tycoon 2 when we were like 9, my friend would build some ridiculous element and I’d demolish it because it wasn’t realistic… an absolute killjoy. Happy to be proven wrong many years later.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Also really liking how we have so many people going and taking pictures of the construction, dont think we will miss a thing ☺️
I've spent the past couple of days conducting a thorough and extensive rewrite of the coaster's page on Wikipedia, have arranged the Construction subsection to be in a bullet point timeline format, so feel free to contribute with any highlights; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperia_(roller_coaster)

Is this the first time we've seen Mack utilise this design of reinforced track? (See screenshot from Jack's recent video)
1698523192816.png

It seems to be slightly different and more Intamin-esque when compared to the design they've used in the past. (See Icon construction photo from RCDB)
1698523244311.png

Please correct me if I'm mistaken :)

Dar

Hyper Poster
Is this the first time we've seen Mack utilise this design of reinforced track? (See screenshot from Jack's recent video)
View attachment 28026

It seems to be slightly different and more Intamin-esque when compared to the design they've used in the past. (See Icon construction photo from RCDB)
View attachment 28027

Please correct me if I'm mistaken :)
Voltron has a similar spine in certain sections:
aahuiga.jpg
Image from RCDB https://rcdb.com/7121.htm#p=136766

Voltron has a similar spine in certain sections:
View attachment 28028
Image from RCDB https://rcdb.com/7121.htm#p=136766

Must be a fairly recent change/development then. I had a look on RCDB and other than Hyperia and Voltron I couldn't find any other examples of them using this new spine design.

They were still using the old spine design in 2022. (see RCDB photo of Giant Digger that opened in 2022)

Picture1.png

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Also really liking how we have so many people going and taking pictures of the construction, dont think we will miss a thing ☺️

It is really cool!

I can't remember many projects where we've been able to see so many on-site updates, from initial clearing, groundworks, deliveries and of course construction. And that looks set to continue.

On top of that, the site is easily viewed from outside the park, with the view across the lake and Monks Walk offering fab views. Between the official Thorpe/Silkstone updates and all the keen Thorpe enthusiasts, we really are spoilt for choice, and have quality and a large quantity of updates.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
We have ever so slightly amended plans:

In short, the existing building which was set to be retained, refurbished and extended will instead be demolished and rebuilt. This is on advice from the construction team, who believe it will be more efficient.

The exterior is also set to be slightly different too.

So nothing major or exciting, but something all the same.