What's new

Theme Park Ideas

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
DelPiero said:
I'd probably build a hyper and call it Goliath, because everyone does, then build an rmc called David.

*Spews tea* hahaha!

I spend a lot of time fantasising about this topic! Mine would be all dark and kitschy, as if Tim Burton designed a theme park. Themeing would be just as important as the rides, it would be equal parts creepy and whimsical. Skulls, ghouls, dragons, demons, graveyards, Transylvania...and all coasters either black or purple or muted dark green. <3 Basically some kind of Halloween Land!

I'd have an indoor drop tower Tower or Terror rip off, a Spiderman style exciting dark ride - but with a horror theme. A trackless system Mystic Manor style ride.

My rapids ride would have red water like Nemesis. No ride would be without an IMAscore soundtrack.

Coasters: A big black B+M hyper, I know they're hard to theme themselves, so the station building would have a preshow and stuff for drama. It would have lots of airtime hills that go into dark mist filled tunnels.

An Oz'Iris clone (because its the best B+M invert model) themed to vampires.

I love the idea of a terrain hugging, family friendly B+M wing coaster. Themed to a crow flying around a forrest They're quite tame coasters as they are anyway, but imagine all the near misses and floatiness, but no inversions or big height. It would be great for older kids!

I'd also have one of those Zamperla motorcoasters, but it would be themed to unicorns :)

I'd love a Snow White themed Big Apple cred too.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Launched B&M flyer. The 5 row train accelerates moderately to 65mph, similar to Thunderbirds launch. Under the track on the launch section is made to look like a runway. The train climbs straight up to 140ft and gently swoops left all the way back down into an underground tunnel. From then on its just near misses with the ground and a few rolls but NO pretzel loops because they're jarring to the flying feeling.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Serena said:
My rapids ride would have red water like Nemesis.

SFGAm tried that. Either don't do it, or tell people to not wear white/light colored clothes. But the concept is still neat either way.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

MiniGolfer

Roller Poster
Serena said:
DelPiero said:
I'd probably build a hyper and call it Goliath, because everyone does, then build an rmc called David.

I spend a lot of time fantasising about this topic! Mine would be all dark and kitschy, as if Tim Burton designed a theme park. Themeing would be just as important as the rides, it would be equal parts creepy and whimsical. Skulls, ghouls, dragons, demons, graveyards, Transylvania...and all coasters either black or purple or muted dark green. <3 Basically some kind of Halloween Land!

I'd have an indoor drop tower Tower or Terror rip off, a Spiderman style exciting dark ride - but with a horror theme. A trackless system Mystic Manor style ride.

Love this idea! It would be great to have one big Halloween themed place rather than just haunted houses or horror themed rides.

jackdude101

Roller Poster
A large-scale indoor amusement park...in Central Florida. The heat and humidity during Summer here can be brutal, so a large park that's 100% shaded and air-conditioned would be a Godsend.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
I've been thinking quite a bit about how a "nontraditional" park a la Epcot or Futuroscipe might do. After hearing about The Void in Utah I realized I would love a park that would be a combination of Epcot, Google headquarters and E3/Comic-Con. Combining attractions, technology education, and pop culture together in an unforgettable experience.

It could be mostly indoors, especially if it's in San Francisco, that way it could be open year round. Imagine an interactive show where audience members could interact with a super sophisticated AI like IBM's Watson, or park transportation not limited to a single path but uses the tech behind self-driving cars to get riders to their destination. How about a virtual reality Inception attraction that also educates about the real life lucid dreaming phenomenon? Or a show hall that plays lifelike hologram productions like the ones used for Tupac Shakur or Michael Jackson, but used for narrative productions (something like Game of Thrones)? Or an "actual size" Godzilla hologram? (That's probably unrealistic right now though)

MiniGolfer

Roller Poster
Shirofukurou said:
I've been thinking quite a bit about how a "nontraditional" park a la Epcot or Futuroscipe might do. After hearing about The Void in Utah I realized I would love a park that would be a combination of Epcot, Google headquarters and E3/Comic-Con. Combining attractions, technology education, and pop culture together in an unforgettable experience.

It could be mostly indoors, especially if it's in San Francisco, that way it could be open year round. Imagine an interactive show where audience members could interact with a super sophisticated AI like IBM's Watson, or park transportation not limited to a single path but uses the tech behind self-driving cars to get riders to their destination. How about a virtual reality Inception attraction that also educates about the real life lucid dreaming phenomenon? Or a show hall that plays lifelike hologram productions like the ones used for Tupac Shakur or Michael Jackson, but used for narrative productions (something like Game of Thrones)? Or an "actual size" Godzilla hologram? (That's probably unrealistic right now though)

That Inception virtual reality is actually kinda cool. I think it's quite possible to do something like that but with rooms and illusions and some hologram stuff and remote-controlled environment.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
I have two theme park ideas:

A theme park built to be like parks of the 80's, so it would have rides suitable to the era (shuttle loop, wooden racing coaster, bobsled, suspended coaster), and play 80s music and just make the park look and feel like a park in that time.

The second idea is similar, but more like a museum than theme park. It would be like an American trolley park, maybe have like a period of the 50's, and again have rides suitable for the era (Wooden coasters, lots of flat thrill rides, boating lakes, dark rides) and have a proper feel, with cubist signs and theming. However, to add to the trolley park feel, you would park say, a mile away from the park, and you would board a vintage, American trolley that would take you to the park itself.

MiniGolfer

Roller Poster
I love playing mini golf so I'd say a theme park with lots of mini golf courses. Each with different themes (I would really like movie and TV show-based themes) and of course with varying difficulty. Still there would be rides and such but those mini golf courses would be the main attraction.

I actually became inspired with the themes on this site http://golf.costofwisconsin.com
Of course you can visit if you want to take a peek but it's okay if not. It's just a part of the inspiration I've been looking for for my own theme park idea XD :--D

SilverCipher

Roller Poster
If I opened a theme park, it would be called Paradise Island and be a Cedar Fair park. The big rides would be: Citadel: An Intamin launched coaster, Quest: A GCI wooden coaster, Ninja: A B&M Floorless, Volcanica: Drop of Doom: An Intamin drop tower, El Diablo, A B&M Inverted Coaster, Corkscrew: An Arrow Corkscrew, Medusa: A B&M Hyper, Zeus: A B&M Wing and SpeedBird: A B&M Flying Coaster.

jay37415

Mega Poster
TommyAlex said:
The second idea is similar, but more like a museum than theme park. It would be like an American trolley park, maybe have like a period of the 50's, and again have rides suitable for the era (Wooden coasters, lots of flat thrill rides, boating lakes, dark rides) and have a proper feel, with cubist signs and theming. However, to add to the trolley park feel, you would park say, a mile away from the park, and you would board a vintage, American trolley that would take you to the park itself.

I have the same idea! I would buy a bunch of SBNO coasters and make a park out of them. Then buy a bunch of older flats as well.