What's new

Theatrical Technologies(Sound/Lights)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Are any of you into Lighting/Sound for theater? Be it professional, school, voluntary theater, or for personal shows/productions, it all works. Right now, I'm working on lights for my High School's production of 'The complete works of William Shakespeare(Abridged).' Unfortunately, the school is stuck in the 80s, and still uses 40 lb lamps, and won't get LEDs. Not to mention we have holes in our catwalk. We need a renovation...

So, yeah. Anything you guys do?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I run a volunteer-run theatre, and we've spent the last 5 or 6 years upgrading our kit. I can't tell you the names but it's really worth it - for a bit of investment the time saved and additional quality is well worth it. We have many touring shows here and the tour managers are often amazed at how quickly they can set up compared to older, supposedly more experienced and professional venues.

As an aside it was one of our techies who installed the lights in Thirteen's drop section.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I just found out that I'm the Lighting Designer for our school's performance of A View From the Bridge! I am so excited!