Vekoma SLC: Love it or Hate it?

• Love It

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^That would not fit on the track. It's not "new" its from a different manufacturer.

Only Bolliger and Mabbillard, to my knowledge, does the 4 across seating. The Vekoma coasters are so tightly packed that they do 2 across.

On the Giant Boomerang, the track is wider, and as a result, they can pack a V shaped 4 across.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm sorry but...

9CCA6936951BD1E3B0A4C726A2AE.jpg

You were saying?

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
what the hell? not with the standard type of track... Normal SLC's wheel's are on the inside. Im talkin the tight Great NorEaster, Mind Eraser, that kind...
I'm saying you can't convert 2 seat to 4 seat. Im sure you can BUILD a new type of SLC, but you can't apply 4 seat to a 2 seat design.

Ben

CF Legend
No, I do believe you said...

^That would not fit on the track. It's not "new" its from a different manufacturer.

And

Only Bolliger and Mabbillard, to my knowledge, does the 4 across seating. The Vekoma coasters are so tightly packed that they do 2 across.

When Vekoma DO do SLCs with four across seating, they DO exist, they just happen to be custom.

stuartredman1

Roller Poster
dropthefloor93 said:

On the Giant Boomerang, the track is wider, and as a result, they can pack a V shaped 4 across.

They do offer 4 across seating. Made by Vekoma for Vekoma
Here is the article on there site.
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option= ... 4&Itemid=1[/url]

T0M

Hyper Poster
The drop on Jubilee Odyssey is my favourite moment of any ride I have ever been on.

Yeah, they're a little rough but nothing too extreme to be frank and it doesn't hamper the experience in any way. Sometimes I think people need to be a little more realistic. Not all inverted roller coasters can be as smooth as Nemesis because parks don't have unlimited funds.

SLCs are great crowd pullers and add character to parks. Long may they continue!

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster

Naemuti

Mega Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
I wasn't a member of CF back then.

You can still, you know, google these things. :roll:

dropthefloor93 said:
does that really count as an SLC?

Does it matter? You were asking whether Vekoma made four-across seating, period.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^ No because i even stated that the Giant Inverted Boomerang has 4 across. Someone asked if the SLC Was being made with the new 4 across seats.

stuartredman1

Roller Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
^ No because i even stated that the Giant Inverted Boomerang has 4 across. Someone asked if the SLC Was being made with the new 4 across seats.

I knew they were made 4 across I just couldn't find an example of one.

Ben

CF Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
gavin said:
^To be fair, only one has been built so far, and that's been closed pretty much since it opened because a seat fell off.

However, if you spent a little time reading through some topics on here instead of posting craploads of new ones every day, you might have seen this:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22454

http://rcdb.com/4328.htm

I wasn't a member of CF back then.

does that really count as an SLC?

Suspended Looping Coaster.

What part about that ride doesn't fit that description?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hate is such a strong word, while Love is such a strong word too.

Tolerate it. :razz:

tdub96

Roller Poster
I went on my first SLC a week or so ago, Fly the Great Nor Easter, and it was pretty awesome. The ride was smooth, the restraints didnt bug me, and it interacted well with everything else in the tightly compact Morey's Piers park layout.