What's new

The Ultimate - Stalled

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
This is what happens when The Ultimate doesn't quite make it back home to the station, otherwise known as a stall.

normal_2%7E73.jpg

normal_3%7E66.jpg

normal_4%7E56.jpg

normal_5%7E48.jpg

normal_6%7E41.jpg

Didn't manage to get any photos of when it was towed home, I popped up to The Sewer Rat and it was back in the station by time we got back.

It was a rather unusual way to recover a ride. :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
We were on the Ultimate one time when it stalled just before the second lift hill. Apparently it's a very, very, very, very common occurrence.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
It certainly looks well rehearsed.

Would have been cool to see it being towed back into the station :p

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Ben said:
We were on the Ultimate one time when it stalled just before the second lift hill. Apparently it's a very, very, very, very common occurrence.

Yeah, the bunny hops are a common place for it to happen, but it's quite rare for it to happen on the final corner.

Why have they got a ladder when its only a foot of the ground?

It was there for any child who may have been a little too small to place one foot on the ground with the other still in the train.

Haha, that'd be pretty whack.

Here's a question; if it was your first time on Ultimate, or any other coaster for that matter, and it stalled before it reached the station again, would it count as a credit if you exited the ride and it didn't reopen again in time for you to ride it again?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I believe that the Law of Credits states that "if a coaster completes 51% or more of a full circuit before breaking down then you may have that credit."

A

Anonymous

I would have counted it, if you were broken down just outside the station. But more importantly you would get an evacuation credit which are more awesome.

It must have gone really slow to stall there, if I remember correctly then you have some good speed going through there, especially if you look at the banking (even though the banking's are off on the whole coaster).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
I believe that the Law of Credits states that "if a coaster completes 51% or more of a full circuit before breaking down then you may have that credit."

Yes, but you do have to have passed through 63% of the exclusive elemnts within the coaster otherwise it can be a miscredit.

Be careful out there! ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Flat: horizontally level without unevenness of surface, having a surface that is without marked projections or depressions.

Sorry. Had to.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
That happened when I went two weeks ago, but with an empty train, so it obviously didn't have so much momentum anyway. I got my sister to video it on her phone 'cos iPhones can't do such a thing.. I'll get it up if anyone wants it.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Nope, stalled in the same place as in the photo at the start of the thread! Was fine after a few runs round though

A

Anonymous

LMAO stalling happens on The Ultimate as often as rollback happens on Intamins Launchers.