What's new

The Truth About Disneyland Paris

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Actually give reasons as to why it's better and I may actually pay attention... :roll:

And reasons involving 'it's not in France' don't count...

marc

CF Legend
California Pirates = best.

From start to finish its just better themed and well is just better. Plus the water does not stink and have scum in it. Funny thing is I remember the one in California but Paris and Orlando I do not, that says it all for me.

I like the start of it all calm before a drop then it goes into the normal pirates stuff but the ship battle part is just so much better, louder and more splashes etc.

The only reason the one in Paris has not been updated is due to the fact they will not pay.

For me California is the best BTM cause its wild and what a mine train should be like. It is better themed and simply more thrilling.

The one in Paris is just to slow until right near the end and by then I am asleep. Everyone likes different things so thats fine, I did like the one in Paris but they done something to it and it just feels to slow.

Peter Pan in Paris is the best one for sure but thats about it compared to the rides in the states.

I agree about Space Mountain, I love the look of it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Notice I said the Space Mountain LOOKS the best... I didn't mention the ride itself at all... Surely the gold and blue is better than the plain white?
Yeah the Paris Space Mountain is the best looking one visually. Much better than a plain white tent. I loved the ride as well but haven't been on the American ones so can't compare.

Ben

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Actually give reasons as to why it's better and I may actually pay attention... :roll:

And reasons involving 'it's not in France' don't count...

It's themed better, it's longer, the effects are better, it has a better story, better music, better animatronics, better atmosphere...

Is there anything I missed? Because EVERYTHING is better about California's. I came off California's absolutely floored with how amazing it was. I come off Paris' bored and shaking my head.

marc

CF Legend
^Same here Ben, I actually wanted to go on it again and I am not a fan of the ride normally.

I just love the start of it, the station and clam part with the sounds and smells.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ok...

It's better themed with the (practically) exact same set-pieces but in a different order?

The only thing I remember from California's Pirates is the film related stuff, and the cavern section being at the start...

Davey Jones thing is awesome though I'll give it that, it's just the rides in the end are so bloody similar... Least the Space Mountain in Paris is different (and not the worst ride ever made (imo))...

I <3 different opinions sometimes...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
OK, it sounds like you didn't actually go on them, so, I'm givin' up.

Wow Ben, great way to keep up with your side of the arguement...

I wondered if that trip to California was a dream... Now I know it was... :roll:

On the subject, Wiki has California's ride time at 16:30 minutes and Paris' at 10...

Looking at videos I believe it on California's front, but for Paris'? It's not 10 minutes according to this video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnaazFYpYTc[/youtube]

As I said, it's funny how the opinions are so different for what are essentially the same ride in a different order...

marc

CF Legend
Does that video include the stacking during it? I have yet to make it round DLP once without stopping or waiting to enter the station.

The same can be said for It's a Small World.

Tbh who cares if the ride is longer, longer does not mean better it's what you do with it that counts and California does it better.

1. The water does not stink
2. All the effects work
3. The theming is better
4. The order is better
5. Did not stack

Yet again its a ride in Paris I only go on to get out the rain and it never has a queue anymore.

As we have said though everyone likes different things, if we all liked the same things life would be boring.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^One of the videos I looked at of California's included a lot of stacking, and if I recall, it stacked when I went on it...

I don't notice a smell at Paris, maybe it's taken out by the actual French people... Or I have a dodgy nose... :lol:

I haven't noticed broken effects on Pirates ever... And I'm usually quick to notice strange things...

Theming and ride order is something that confuses me... Are we meaning the swamp section before the main ride area as a start? What other points in the ride have better theming? The caverns? Considering most of the main fort sections are the same in different orders, and Paris has no treasure scene...

And why does going into caverns first work better? I'm actually interested as to why people think this... As for me, the order in Paris works more with the fort theme it has on the exterior and queue... Which is something we haven't touched on at all for California's...

I'll rejoin this tomorrow...

marc

CF Legend
When I 1st went on the one is Paris there was scum on the water it stunk, that is my memory of it along with breaking down and it taking them 45 mins to get me off the ride.

I just prefer the start in California, nice a relaxing and then down a drop where you get wet. Then its all theming and action until the end.

In DLP I have yet to see the fight work yet you hear the bangs but no water, so this lets it down.

I dont even remember the order in Paris tbh, as I said I found it boring. Is it the same order as the one in Orlando which is just as boring.

The only one I liked was California

Anyway I am moving on from this now, we all have our own views.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
From what people have said, it sounds as if the Tokyo version is the same as California's, and for me, Tokyo's is the best of the three I've tried.

Personally, I really like the Jack Sparrow update, though I understand why some people wouldn't. The final animatronic is incredible though.

The thing that sticks out for me is the battle scene. In Tokyo it was epic. It just seemed so much bigger, louder and more exciting than the damp squib effect in Paris. I LOVE that part of Pirates, and was really looking forward to it in Paris, only to be really disappointed with it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, I can't believe how much hatred there is for DLP!

marc said:
add more rides on the walk to Indie from BTM where there is just nothing.

What? That's not exactly a long walk is it? And since when are the Magic Kingdom parks ment to crammed with rides left right and centre?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's not hatred exactly. I've said before that I think it is a decent park when compared to a lot of places. It's inevitable that it's going to be compared to the other Disney resorts though, and in that respect, it doesn't come close unfortunately. Even Hong Kong is better, and there's **** all there yet.

marc

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
Lol, I can't believe how much hatred there is for DLP!

marc said:
add more rides on the walk to Indie from BTM where there is just nothing.

What? That's not exactly a long walk is it? And since when are the Magic Kingdom parks ment to crammed with rides left right and centre?

The walk is long enough to fit another flat ride in, all there is is nothing apart from some theming. Sorry if you count that as ok it sort of says it all.

I am not saying cram rides in at all.

As much as people say hatred I am shocked by the fanboys as well, some people admit whats wrong but some just do not and I am not getting personal here. I just dont get why people dont see what is wrong. I also say what is wrong with Disney World and California.

Its not a **** park there is just not enough there thats all I am saying, I am trying to say they could make it better thats all. You walk all the way there for 1 ride to walk back again to go past food place I have never seen open.

Then you get to the pirate area which is well themed and probably one of the best areas in the park.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Marc is right. Indy is well out of the way and there's nothing at all for a good five minute walk or something. It's even worse than the dead spot between Gloomy Wood and Forbidden Valley at Alton.

Actually Marc, I saw the food place open once, but as soon as customers started to head for it, they closed up ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The thing is, what could Disney put in there? Since they don't exactly do flat rides do they?

Enchanted Tiki Room is a possible idea... But can't think of other ideas that are small enough to squeeze in...

marc

CF Legend
Tiki Room will not work as its in English and to change everything would cost to much. They already have a Stitch attraction so they do not need the Stich Tiki room which is the only one they might get away with,

They could do a flat ride just cause they do not normally does not mean they do not have to. There are some flat rides in the Studios and Magic Kingdom.

They could do something there, it needs something.

Its a big area they could open it up more anyway. In the summer I think there is a show or something there.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
When I said Disney don't do flat rides, I meant in that they don't do a lot of them...

There's what... 5 in both parks? Dumbo, Orbitron, Carousel, Flying Carpets and Cars...

Star Tours I don't count because there's 6 simulators giving it a good capacity...

Based upon Disney's records with flat rides it's unlikely really...