What's new

The Truth About Disneyland Paris

spicy

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
I didn't realyl want to start another topic for this, but on their website, its showing that the Studio Tram Tour is closed for all of March and all of April.

You could just say its to do with the Toy Story land, but why should it be? Construction for that started ages ago, they already have their means for getting machiney in and out etc.

I went on the tram tour in December and it was rubbish due to the Toy Story land being built. It was literally drive to Catastrophe Canyon then drive to the Reign of Fire scene and that's it.

I hope they give the tram tour a re-do before Toy Story Land is built, it seriously needs it.

A

Anonymous

I just went to Disney world last week and everyone there was from the UK or France. If Disney has spent so much on the France park, how come they are still flying to Orlando to go to Disney?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Would anyone agree that people assume that Disney World is better for ... seemingly no reason? Like, for some reason, it's reputation seems to exceed all the other resorts to the point where many people consider Paris not worth visiting, because comparatively, it's too expensive? Also, people in the UK seem pretty oblivious to the existence of Disneyland in Cali.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I think it's the fact that a lot of people, such as myself, who have been to the Orlando resort have also been to the Paris resort and on camparison, it is just so much better. In Orlando there seems to be so much effort in every single field whereas Paris seems to be just a copy, less effort put in and some corners cut.

I know a lot of people who have been to both (non-enthusiasts) and I often here them saying how much better the Orlando resort is to Paris, because in truth it just is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Assassin7454 said:
I just went to Disney world last week and everyone there was from the UK or France. If Disney has spent so much on the France park, how come they are still flying to Orlando to go to Disney?

Because a lot of those people will be having their "Florida" holiday, which entails more than just Disney.

Even if you look at the Disney parks and ignore everything else in Orlando (which people don't), then Disney in Florida offers two more parks. Then there's the much more predictable, better weather that Florida has. Given how much money is being spent, and the "exoticness" of it, who wouldn't be attracted by Florida?

It's not like they're really in competition anyway. DLP is a weekend trip for a lot of families, whike Florida is a much, much bigger vacation. It's not really a case of one or the other; both places are hauling the visitors in.

A

Anonymous

Im all for Disney building international parks, I just dont like how they are all copies of the original. I think that is one reason the park is stugaling. Paris should have their own original park!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Have you been to all of them?

They're far from copies of the original.

And none of them are stugaling. At least I don't think so, as I don't know what that word means.

Martyn B

CF Legend
:lol:

Just for the record, I *think* I can remember a couple of months ago it was reported that DLP made £80m in the previous quarter. I *think*.

And whilst were on the subject, I love this statue of Wall-E thats appeared in Discoveryland...

58112874.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Disney resorts failing? Really? Did you not see how many peeps visited their resorts last year? Out of the top 10 most visited parks in the World, the top 8 are all Disney parks, with the Paris park at the number 4 spot.

Link: Official stats for 2009

Oh fun fact about the Wall.e/Eve statue that has appeared in Discoveryland. It is originally from the Tokyo resort.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
I think it's the fact that a lot of people, such as myself, who have been to the Orlando resort have also been to the Paris resort and on camparison, it is just so much better. In Orlando there seems to be so much effort in every single field whereas Paris seems to be just a copy, less effort put in and some corners cut.

I know a lot of people who have been to both (non-enthusiasts) and I often here them saying how much better the Orlando resort is to Paris, because in truth it just is.
I've heard many people say the opposite. Florida's resort is the one often criticised for being spread out over too many sparks with not much content. A lot of people praise the Paris park. It's California's that none of the others even come close to, or that's how it seems to me. Even my Nan knows that "Disneyland is much better than DisneyWorld".

I think Paris suffers from being French in the first place if I'm honest. The French are so anti-American that it's not real Disney. The weather is also poor and even if there was the exact same content, Florida would give the illusion of having more because it's a vast area occupied by multiple parks. Paris, basically, doesn't stand a chance.

I've been to Paris twice and not spent long in Magic Kingdom at Florida, and done one day at Animal Kingdom, so I can't speak from experience.

spicy

Giga Poster
Obviously WDW resort as a whole is better than the Paris resort but I actually thought that the Paris Magic Kingdom was a better park than the Florida one and I think alot of people do?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Oh fun fact about the Wall.e/Eve statue that has appeared in Discoveryland. It is originally from the Tokyo resort.

Ahh I thought it looked good.

There's 3 things better about WDW than Paris.

There's more to do.
It's warmer.
There's more of the English language.

Comparing the 2 'Magic Kingdoms' Paris's pisses over MK. I'm not too keen on Magic Kingdom really.

Studios is getting better, but is Studios at Florida really that great?

Agree with gavin in the sense that people seem to prefer WDW because it's more of a holiday destination than Paris, and there's more to do. That's pretty much it.