What's new

The Time Traveller's Playground [WIP - Resurrected 07/08/11]

Ollie

CF Legend
This is looking great so far. But I don't like those huge blocks either side of the area that run all the way along. I'm sure it's just you're way of dividing the area but it looks messy. At least put some buildings over them so it's a bit like a futuristic main street USA or something.
Other than that it's looking nice. :)

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Gorgeous entrance :) Just looks a bit plain around the edges of the paths in my opinion. And can I also ask what them huge walls are for? The just look a bit ugly and ruin it a bit.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
This looks great. I think the entrance building needs to be more like the 'pods'. The rusty colour clashes with the clean blue, it does looks good however.

I think since this is a time travel park, have some areas that are from the past, and some from the future. That way, you're not limiting yourself by just using CS. Some of the in-game scenery is great.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
and do I see a B&M looper?

No, you see a time machine :p

But I don't like those huge blocks either side of the area that run all the way along. I'm sure it's just you're way of dividing the area but it looks messy. At least put some buildings over them so it's a bit like a futuristic main street USA or something.

Yeah, those bits aren't finished yet, but they're basically to ensure that guests can see absolutely nothing of the other areas, and maintaining the time travel theme.

Just looks a bit plain around the edges of the paths in my opinion

LOL, it's no where near done yet, I'm not very fast!

I think the entrance building needs to be more like the 'pods'. The rusty colour clashes with the clean blue, it does looks good however.

The pods are functional (from the time this park is set, around 2500) and the entrance is retro themed.

I think since this is a time travel park, have some areas that are from the past, and some from the future. That way, you're not limiting yourself by just using CS. Some of the in-game scenery is great.

WAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of you hehe.

the cake is a lie

Comment WIN.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, it really does help spur me on to do more, and I'm glad you're enjoying the seeds I'm sowing. :D

kimahri

CF Legend
Muuuuuuch better entrance.

I don't like that Sculpture thing you've made with the track however. It may look better if you used some of Moby's Steel Jungle on it.

Ollie

CF Legend
If I see a Portal sign does that mean there's going to be a ride called 'Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out'? :p

Aaron

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
I don't like that Sculpture thing you've made with the track however

Yeah it's gone now... the time machine has a new look...

does that mean there's going to be a ride called 'Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out'?

Nice quote! To answer your question... the time machine is now rideable!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
No. :p

I've got to work on the entrance and the framework for the areas first, and then I can export it from being a scenario editor job to being an actual park...

Because there is no direct "load a scenario half way through progress" option, it's LONG to load twice!

Anyway, it won't be long now, I've got to finish the time machines, the entrance passage and then landscape the four zones and I'll be done.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Re: The Time Traveller's Playground [WIP - 1.9.09]

Wow, dilapidated topic much...

Apologies for lack of updates! I really should find this park and get another bash on it!

So, BUMP!

I'm off to see if I still have it saved!

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
Re: The Time Traveller's Playground [WIP - Resurrected 07/08

Build a rollercoaassssttteeeerrrrrrr!!!

Great looking park so far.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Re: The Time Traveller's Playground [WIP - Resurrected 07/08

I don't have it! :(

I don't know what's happened to it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer!

I think I'm going to start again, but man that's annoying!