What's new

The Thorpe reliability thread - 2009 edition.

Aerith

Mega Poster
Let's hope he can sprinkle some magic down onto thorpe and get it's rides to stop breaking down!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Beans said:
I really hate to quote South Parks but flicking through found this:-

"""I have just received a call from Mike Vallis, Divisional Director at Thorpe Park.

He has been entirely honest and open about Thorpe Park's start to the season and basically admitted that it had been one of the most difficult weeks he'd faced and that the park was a complete embarassment.

He has let his team know that the park was simply unnacceptable, and his goal now is to put all the maintainence and reliability issues the park has to bed and head into the future with a much better product.

They are to review the Thrill Chill event, as he believes it may do more harm than good for the overall product, and have spent many hundreds of thousands of pounds in an effort to get the rides to be more reliable.

He gave me detailed reasons for Stealth's current problems, and it appears NOT to be a stolen motor as has been rumoured!

He is aware the park's record is unnacceptable compared to other parks, and he clearly wants to take it forward. He believes Stealth is the iconic ride and that, whilst Saw is likely to be #1 this season, that Stealth is likely to remain the icon into the future.

Credit to Mr. Vallis for making the call himself, he has clearly realised the park can only make excuses for so long - and good look to him. """

That is truly fantastic. I do not understand why businesses do not realise that ackowledging mistakes and explaining how theyare going to take things forward (bull**** or not) is a much better tool for getting customers to trust you again... And it's great to see this guy doing just that.

Whilst I like the idea of Thorpe being open in February, I do think the event does more harm than good and simply working on the park so that when it does open in March it... Works, is tidy and etc, is a much better idea.

I've heard people on the 950 bus this season coming home saying that they won't be going back to Thorpe Park.

A

Anonymous

Slammer was testing today, up and down, and also spinning slowly. Loggers was filling up and draining all day sending a few boats round, and Stealth made a few test runs also.

They hope to get them all up and running for Saturday :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Stealth has been testing a bit.

In this video you get to see the drum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMJpA3VslEU[/youtube]

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm off to Thorpe tomorrow, again.
My family were already going to go anyway, and there's still a credit to be had, so I thought I'ld might as well jump on the trip as well. :)

I bet Saw's going to be down all day...

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Well, Apparently Loggers opened yesterday.. Slammer I've seen testing and Stealth i've seen moving.. But according to the website, Stealth and Slammer are still down.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm going next Sunday, obviously for Saw but I really want Stealth to be open! I love that ride so much and yet rarely get to ride it either because of breakdowns or ridiculous queue lengths. I've got my Saw Fast Tracks from complaining at the Live to use so hopefully shouldn't queue for too long for that.

Mike

Giga Poster
Today, pretty much everything was open apart from Stealth and Slammer, which both started testing near the end of the day.

Rush was put on a single swing after one side broke, Saw broke down for a short-ish time in the morning, and Loggers also broke down in the morning. Other than these, nothing else really broke.

There also seemed to be RCCGB people EVERYWHERE, and I think I only saw one obvious member who was under-25, with the rest being middle-aged men. :p I think they were having ERT in the evening...

Mike

Giga Poster
Yep.
Chris was waving out his little booth thing at me, and I was like "Who the hell is that?".
I then smelled alcohol and smoke, and realised it was him. ;)

Mike

Giga Poster
Trees?
A broken train from the old Thorpe-Farm train (or whatever it's called now)?

Was I supposed to be looking out for something? :?

Mike

Giga Poster
Oh, wait, thinking about it, I did see a structure back there peeping out from underneath some covers.

It looked like Detonator's twin tower that Thorpe's been rumoured to get.

:roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Stealth has been testing, and chances are it will be open. Slammer is now open too :)