What's new

The Thorpe reliability thread - 2009 edition.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Up for 45 minutes? Really.. Funny, I saw it running most of the day.. If anything Loggers was down for more.. But who cares about that..

Anyways, I'm pleased to Announce that for the first time this season ALL rides at Thorpe were open and running fine. Shutdowns were mainly due to silly guests.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Can't explain why,but I'm actually happier to hear Stealth is running again.

I've completely lost all interest in Saw,if it's open when I go in a couple of weeks,then it's a bonus,but if it's not,I couldn't care less.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
CJH said:
Supposidly it opened for 45 minutes, then closed.

Also one ride down out of the whole park isn't too bad!
Especially for Thorpe!

I think the worst thing is the "for Thorpe" statement, what a sad state this Countries amusement industry must be in when it's widely regarded as a joke that a top attraction like Thorpe Park have a piss poor ride reliability.

marc

CF Legend
I just nearly passed out or I might be dreaming.

Thorpes website says all rides are currently available.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
And I bet tomorrow it will be down again ;)

Drama queen? Not really. I am entitled to my opinion?
I think its terrible that people are having to queue up to complain. And the website is hardly reliable and neither is the phone source because my friend went last week or so expecting only Slammer and Stealth to have closed but to find that Stealth, Slammer, Saw, Loggers Leap and some other rides were down too.

Boom. They made a bad mistake and everybody knows it.
Glad to hear Saw is back up but for how long? Hmm

A

Anonymous

When I went down on Saturday last weekend they was on top form, with only the rides on the website down.
A few minor breakdowns during the day ( i didn't witness any tbh)

NASHER

Roller Poster
two days in a row with all rides open? This must be a record for thorpe. :roll:
Oh well. Hopefully I'll get on saw tommorow, after paying £21 for train tickets to the park.
This is seriously getting beyond a joke. I shouldn't have to visit a park half expecting a least one of their major coasters to be closed. Takes the piss tbh.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
NASHER said:
I shouldn't have to visit a park half expecting a least one of their major coasters to be closed.

^But that's the problem with Thorpe,you do have to go expecting that.

I'm going in a couple of weeks,and I'm going with somebody who's never been to Thorpe before,but I've already warned him to expect at least one or more of the main rides to be closed,just to avoid the disappointment when we arrive.Obviously,if everythings open,then it's a nice bonus,but unfortunately you have to go there with an optimistic mind.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
You should go to any park expecting rides to be down. Its just a shame that Thorpe takes the cake. Rides are powerful machines that break down and that is acceptable but the maintenance is poor at Thorpe. On occasional days at least four of the main rides are down. Its mind boggling because Alton manages to run even bigger rides with barely any problems.

NASHER

Roller Poster
^ I apreciate that, but when you visit a park knowing that a ride they have been advertising nationally for months (news coverage, tv, cinema, internet e.t.c) is more than likely to be down, together with the real possibility that at least one other Rollercoaster and major flat will be down, this is unnaceptable. I should feel confident that I have invested in a thrilling day out, rather than woried that I have wasted my money on rides which aren't even working.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Well, Nasher is that not what I have been saying for the last week?
Its disappointing that Thorpe have hyped and screamed about the opening of Saw and then let everybody down by having it closed most of its opening weekend and the last few days. I know it can't be helped but it obviously wasn't initially ready to open to the public was it?
Its a trend now- Thorpe never seem to get its opening weeks right. They shouldn't open so early if they can't operate the rides properly. I'd rather go a few weeks later with the rides up than right at the start of the season when four of the major rides are down. Like I said, its greed ;)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I was at Thorpe for three days and they didnt seem to have many issues with the rides being closed all day.

Saw had a few issues and Stealth had a few rollbacks, apart from that the reliability of the rides was very good.

John91

Mega Poster
I didn't see anything broken down yesterday. Apart from colossus. Which we were on, in the brake run when it did.

marc

CF Legend
Faultless yesterday tbh apart from Saw.

Stealth was running so well, apart from the only having 1 person in the bag area which slowed everything down.

The ride ops on Inferno were top class, no stacking of trains one in one out how it should be.

Everything was running so well just hope they keep it up.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The Inferno staff were quite poor at one point, sending alot of empties on each train, but I guess they sorted that problem out in the end.

I thought in general it was job well done by Thorpe over the weekend.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Josh went on Sunday and everything was up. He got to go on Saw WITHOUT ME which I am not pleased about. But we are still going on Sunday ;)

It seems they have sorted the major breakdowns and they are back on track. Everybody has had a grumble about the opening weeks but its nice to see them running things again. Now watch as when I go on Sunday for the start of the Easter event everything will be down. :D