Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't read the books

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Josh73

Giga Poster
Not sure if many of you have read The Hunger Games, but I did and it was very good. (The second, meh, and the third, ugh) I just wanted to see what you lot thought about the movie. Post you opinions here, and vote:

Can the movie live up to the books?

I was in doubt, but I just saw the trailer, and it looked pretty good. What about you?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Link to said trailer, please?

I've read the books too, though not in the original language. I thought the first was great, the second was a little "wait, again?", and the third was a war story written by somebody entirely without military knowledge. It kinda fell between genres, and a lot of the fanbase was very confused when the love drama was thorougly ditched in favour of a revolution story in a future where the Eastern USA is apparently the only inhabited place on Earth.

They can pull the film of the first book off, I think, and it might be brilliant. But the series as a whole will need some editing.

Ollie

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-5ANq4sAL0&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

The trailer does look good. I've not read the books but the plot seems quite similar to Battle Royale. Even down to them getting the backpacks at the start before heading off.

kimahri

CF Legend
Does seem very Battle Royale... Battle Royale was good though and it has happened before where 2 things are very similar yet never head of each other...

That being said, The Invisibles and The Matrix are supposed to be incredibly similar but the former is an incredibly trippy WTF parade.

EDIT D:

Hell even if it falls flat we'll still have Battle Royale!

Ben

CF Legend
I want it to do well just cause the female lead was a fab Mystique in X Men First Class <3 So she's fab.

It's such a Battle Royale/Mad World wanabee, but, it looks quite edgy for how teen it obviously is. Bet it won't be very gory though <//3

Eh. Better than Twilight at least.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I read the first book of the series, and thought it was pretty good for a kids' novel.

The main premise (kids being made to kill each other) is quite a bit of a Battle Royale ripoff, with elements of The Running Man, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.

It does read as being very cinematic, so I'm not surprised it's been made into a film. I probably won't be rushing to the cinema to see it, but I'll catch it at some point I'm sure.