What's new

Th13teen Drop Mechanism

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Sorry if this has been posted before, but was having a browse of the Intamin website, and they've recently added more information about the family drop coaster, which has a nice diagram of Th13teen's layout, as well as a (rather crude) diagram of the drop mechanism- that look's nothing like what I have seen posted before...

http://data.sphosting.ch/Intamin/Media/ ... oaster.pdf

Thought I'd just post it for those of you who have haven't seen it...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I know I'm no mod, but couldn't this have been used to bump either the old Th13teen construction thread or even the opening day report?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ He probably would have got bummed for dragging up an old topic.

Note that they call this a Mine Train with free fall. This concept would work perfectly with a Mine train theme (BTM for example). Nice crazy scene where the train collapses and joins anoter track, would be fun.

Just a shame Alton said 'nah, we'll just make out its really **** scary'.

Tim

Roller Poster
That's weird... the layout profile on the PDF has no second lift hill. Looks like it was designed with the intention of making it to the drop sequence solely with momentum from the first drop

Did they request a second lift hill to add capacity and then have to slow the train down with magnet pads so it wouldn't hit the second lift hill too hard?

Also, wow that drop mechanism goes down a long way