What's new

Texas Tornado - Frontierland (Video)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Found this on Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FNsliTLQQ[/youtube]

Such a shame that had to be demolished! It actually looks quite good, and wtf is with the backwards car? Never knew about that! Anyone on here ridden it backwards? In fact, anyone on here ridden it at all?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've been on a coaster running a backwards car called "The Cyclone". It was probably Southport though as I've got no clear memory of Morecambe. I went a couple of times, but not since about 1981. I'd have been tall enough for The Cyclone, but really can't remember riding it (I also can't remember the Virginia Reel at Blackpool for the same period, even though we went to Blackpool twice yearly).

My memory isn't great from that period (it was 30 years ago after all). So I'd love to regale you with tales of the ride and how awesome it was, but I honestly have no memory of it... :(

It was supposed to be pretty good though, not brilliant, but pretty good anyway. It was originally designed and built for a fair in France and then transported over here later.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Great find,that certainly brought back some happy memories.

My dad moved to Morecambe in 1984 to about 1987 I think,and I spent two weeks of the summer of 85 & 86 up there.Most of those days I spent in the park,my dad worked during the day,so had to entertain myself.

From what I can remember of Texas Tornado,(a bit like Furie,it was several years ago,and my memory is a bit vague),it was certainly a fun little ride.I don't remember it being rough,and I had many great night rides on it.

Don't think the backwards car was part of it back then,I would have remembered something like that,so it must have been introduced later on.

Certainly a shame it's now gone,another piece of nostalgia gone forever.