What's new

Terra Mitica under new management 2011!

sawalive

Roller Poster
THEME park Terra Mítica has turned a new leaf ahead of its forthcomming opening in Easter under a new management.

After many year of hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons, Terra Mítica has been placed in the hand of one of the most succesful Costa compaies in the past decades: Grupo Aqualandia España.

Group owner Georges Santamaría, who visited the park this week alongside Benidorm mayor Agustín Navarro said the group plans to invest around five million euros per year on improvements

The park has been closed for six months, during which the new management has carried out significant improvements.

The park, which was officially opened 10 years ago by Prince Felipe, is scheduled to reopen on April 16 .

This has meant that 400 staff were laid off at the end of last years season
The park, which is 10 years old, was traded last July 28 the company that manages Aqualandia-Mundomar on lease with an option to purchase over the next 10 years. The annual fee of 1.8 million will address the interests of bank loans, while the option to purchase Terra Mitica values the park at 75 million, due to debt accumulated in recent years.
I cannot wait to see the improvements this May (if any)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks for this, sawalive. I've moved it to News & Rumours.

Btw, where did you get this info from? It's usually good to link the source.

Cheers!

Lofty

CF Legend
I doubt that they're actually going to do ANYTHING this year. Yeah, they may give a few areas that lick of paint and what not, hopefully they change the ridiculous Entry and Exit gates. For anyone that has been, or hasn't been, will see what I mean: You enter the park, like normal park entrances, then go through to the first area of the park (Egypt), then go around the lake, THEN walk through the ticket barriers to get to the rides. It just means that on busy times, Egypt get's clogged with people. I have a feeling it's to do with the Scare Attraction & Paint Balling being owned by an external company and not the park themselves, well it was for a while anyway.

EDIT:

Some concepts for sprucing up the park:

182044_195768923776400_100000298815159_671356_5885207_n.jpg

199304_199432926743333_100000298815159_696050_1502966_n.jpg

198208_202601146426511_100000298815159_717319_8038312_n.jpg

&

198281_199684906718135_100000298815159_697306_6238162_n.jpg

sawalive

Roller Poster
Thanks for that Ian, sorry about that!

The new company just need to advertise/promote it better, because thats how Port aventura get the money, When you think about it port and terra a very much similar in how they look especially to tourists, but the difference is port have good bus links, ticket offers and great advertising all over Salou where as Terra mitica does not!

Also I feel they will need to do special events i.e. Halloween because they have none at all!

Finnaly I dont remember seeing any sideshows last time, if they still havn't got any they need some, its fantastic revenue!

I hope they don't get rid of the horror maze, because that was so good when I went on it, probably one of the best out there!

STC

Mega Poster
sawalive said:
Thanks for that Ian, sorry about that!

The new company just need to advertise/promote it better, because thats how Port aventura get the money, When you think about it port and terra a very much similar in how they look especially to tourists, but the difference is port have good bus links, ticket offers and great advertising all over Salou where as Terra mitica does not!
Actually I think the main difference is that Port Aventura have three massive impressive coasters which give a great impression of build quality to the public, whilst Terra only have one. I think the public can tell that SLCs and ZacSpins are cheap crap.

Lofty

CF Legend
sawalive said:
Also I feel they will need to do special events i.e. Halloween because they have none at all!
They some times do Halloween events. Not much of an event, but they did used to have a mini show on the lake and also have characters welcoming people in (Known as Street Theatre).

sawalive said:
I hope they don't get rid of the horror maze, because that was so good when I went on it, probably one of the best out there!

I have to agree with you on this one, out of all the Scare Attractions I've been to/in, this has to be one of the best, it's actually amazing, such good fun, I really enjoy it. In 2009 (I think?) it became separated from the park itself, not moved or anything, but it became a whole new business, with it's own website etc. Now, the website's gone and it seems to be the same as it used to be, in terms of being owned by the park itself.