What's new

Teminta

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
here is a ride I made, Teminta!
It is a Intamin launching coaster nothing special.

33898_156145381085771_100000709294784_331255_3605403_n.jpg

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?6ymergbcnim5p87

Stats:
length-1992.65ft
speed-60 mph
height-57ft
number of trains-2
number of rows-4
ride time-40 second
capacity per hour-2880

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It looks interesting, but I can already see some problems just from the photo. I'll have to give it a download later on.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This wasn't the worst coaster I've ridden, but it certainly wasn't the best!

Firstly, little things like the station track not being straight (just select the segment and press 'I') and the uninspired layout didn't really get things off to a good start.

The track was pretty jerky in the transitions and there was some pumping around some of the corners and hills. Also, the forces just didn't feel right. They we're consistent enough throughout the track.

Also, like Snoo said, there were too many supports for quad-track. I know you say that you always over support, but it's really poor practice to do so. We're aiming for realism with the final output and to be honest, just packing the supports in there isn't realistic.

Overall, you're learning, but there's still a way to go!

Jer

Strata Poster
Snoo and Hixee pretty much hit the nail on the head, a lot of bumpy and pumpy track work, way to many supports (try going to RCDB and looking at real intamins for how to support) and this is more me talking, but you dont need a transport section to lead the train onto the launch track. The layout was pretty boring, could've used a roll or a corkscrew maybe. However I do like that you are supporting yourself rather than using prefabs good job with that.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Didn't really need to be quad rail. Tri-rail would have worked fine.

It had potential. I quite liked the layout if it were faster, but at the speed it was going, it was boring.

Xpress

Strata Poster
My thoughts are among what has already been stated. The number of supports you used could have sufficiently supported Bi-rail track though. Tri rail would have used about 2/3 of what you have, then quad rail about 1/2.

Snoo

The Legend
If you always do it.. stop doing it. Look at a real coaster and mimic it. It isn't hard to do.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Can I just ask, what made you pick that combination of colours? And on the ride itself I agree with the above.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Brookes said:
Can I just ask, what made you pick that combination of colours? And on the ride itself I agree with the above.

I liked how the black looked with the orange and the supports blend in "kinda"
But the trains i just made yellow i could think of anything else.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Intamin doesn't color their rails a different color from the main track. The only color changes they do is fading from one solid color to another solid color.

Also, instead of using solid black, use a flat black, like RGB: 20 20 20. It looks more realistic.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Intamin doesn't color their rails a different color from the main track. The only color changes they do is fading from one solid color to another solid color.

Sorry to hi-jack, but you've FINALLY come around to this! You never listened when we used to say this to you!

Xpress, I'm impressed with you :)

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:

Also, instead of using solid black, use a flat black, like RGB: 20 20 20. It looks more realistic.

I really cannot see any difference of RGB 20 20 20 or black\

but thanks for all of the advice!! :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You won't really, but it will just means it's not pure black (a colour which doesn't really exist as far as Earth is concerned), so having 20 20 20 just makes the track seem a bit more realistic.

That's the only reason we say it.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
^You won't really, but it will just means it's not pure black (a colour which doesn't really exist as far as Earth is concerned), so having 20 20 20 just makes the track seem a bit more realistic.

maybe not on earth but if there is a black hole, There is no light, so pure black. :lol:

Xpress

Strata Poster
Now you're really showing your age..... :roll:

If you must use black, then anything between 20 and 40 on the RGB line will work. I often use 35.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
jjjjustin12 said:
Hixee said:

maybe not on earth but if there is a black hole, There is no light, so pure black. :lol:
Oh sorry, I didn't spot the jaws of infinity sucking up everything on your download. Maybe I missed something? :p