What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Tayto Park | Unknown | Gravity Group Wood

ThomVD said:
Yeah, I read it as "Ermahgerd" first :p . But RCDB still says Alton's new kiddie "will set a new record length and be within 3 feet of setting a new record height", and they listed WH's mack as a mega coaster which nobody knows anything about, so RCDB is a bit off lately.

Well, I guess that there are also records for shortest and lowest... And rcdb has been quite spot on with most of the new additions, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new WH cred does turn out to be a Mack Mega. Sure, it would be weird to build another Mega coaster, but you never know. Might it be something like the one in Lewa World?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Tayto Park | Embargoed | Gravity Group Wood

Pretty sure this thing isn't called embargoed.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Maybe it's called "Sanction", "Endorsement", or "Warrant!"
:wink:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Name revealed!

It will be called The Cú Chulainn Coaster, named after a legendary mythical Irish hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn

Train image:
B-Ni3HOIYAAPxa4.jpg

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Tayto Park | The Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group Woo

b94cd723-a461-4a2b-b34a-68f57a669e06.jpg

I don't know what to make of the train, can't pronounce the name, which doesn't matter and I still hope it rides great, but that train...

Belfast Conor

Roller Poster

glad they are touching into the wonderful Irish mythology. Would have been very easy to use the tatyo brand.

Love the train cannot wait to ride this coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Due to fact I can't pronounce it, the name is now officially the worst coaster name ever, with Twistosaurus being a close 2nd. :wink:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Props for an original use of Irish lore - but no outsider is going to have the slightest clue about the reference.

It would be like naming an American roller coaster Davy Crockett.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Hyde said:
Props for an original use of Irish lore - but no outsider is going to have the slightest clue about the reference.

It would be like naming an American roller coaster Davy Crockett.

Pfft, everyone knows Davy Crockett wore a hat made of a raccoon ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

The train design is so utterly fab and vile at the same time...

Timberliner trains as well <3

Belfast Conor

Roller Poster

Elephant58, it's Irish, I'm taking it as red your not. This is an based on an Irish story told to children all over Ireland. While you can't pronounce it. There will be about 6 million people in Ireland (the parks target market) that will be able pronounce it and relate to it.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Those trains are ridiculous! Also major love for the Timberliners too. Hope it has a fab soundtrack <3

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Belfast Conor said:
Elephant58, it's Irish, I'm taking it as red your not. This is an based on an Irish story told to children all over Ireland. While you can't pronounce it. There will be about 6 million people in Ireland (the parks target market) that will be able pronounce it and relate to it.

Didn't you recognise the sarcasm? And I'm not sure what you mean by 'as red your not'.....

nadroJ

CF Legend

^that's Conor being Irish and using Irish sayings haha.

Lofty

CF Legend

For some reason, I look at the train and think he's saying "I'll save you... with my delicious golden locks".

nealbie

CF Legend

I thought he looked more like Bryan Fury from Tekken. I hope the train soundtrack laughs!

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Interesting train design there. Not sure whether I like it or not but glad they're going with a theme. Anyone know how the name is pronounced? Koo-chew-lane? Think I'll just be referring to it as "the woodie" if I go there. :lol: