What's new

Swine Flu

Mark

Strata Poster
It wouldn't matter anyways Neal. At the moment the doctors are just telling people to treat it like normal flu. Plenty of water and bed rest etc...

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
People worry too much. I think all it takes is adding an additional word infront of Flu and people **** themselves.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well considering it has started killing people, I think people are at least a little entitled to be worried :p

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Compared to the numbers who have it, and the few who've died.. I don't see it being that deadly! :p

It's just an unknown flu virus, once doctor's get a hold of what it's all about I'm sure it will die down.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Mark said:
It wouldn't matter anyways Neal. At the moment the doctors are just telling people to treat it like normal flu. Plenty of water and bed rest etc...

Which is exactly what they have just told me! haha!

My monitor is now tilted towards my bed, keyboard and mouse beside my bed, and PS3 is on... coffee, paracetamol and sandwiches.

Mark

Strata Poster
I think I have a standard cold/head-cold going on although my back and legs are aching like hell and my chest is really sore. So don't really know. Don't particularly want to waste a doctors time either. Will see how I feel in the morning

Pierre

Strata Poster
The only reason I phoned is because work sent me home (paranoia with us working in a call centre, they'd lose loads of money if that spread quickly) and requested I ring them.
I hate fussing the doctors for cold like illnesses.

kimahri

CF Legend
If the people who died from swine flu came back as zombies it would be awesome and terrifying at the same time.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I just found out that the school I just left has two people have Swine Flu xD I know it's not funny or ironic, but it did make me lol.

Swine Flu = a big fuss over nothing.

Telford has hundreds of cases and I'm not fussed.

Rush

Giga Poster
Our school got their first confirmed case yesterday and I'm pretty sure someone down my road has it as well.

Of course, I'm not getting my pants in a twist over it.

Mark

Strata Poster
marc said:
Think mark is coming down with the flu seeing where he works it's a big possibility he would get it. So if he has I will probably get it :(

It would appear that Marc is also now coming down with something too.........

A

Anonymous

I manage a pharmacy and i've had about 5 of my staff signed off in the last week with it. It's a bloody nightmare at the moment.

marc

CF Legend
I have been in bed al day only just got up, I can barely move it has got to my back. I was sick all last night and I just feel bad :(

robbeal

Hyper Poster
mirandamouse said:
I manage a pharmacy and i've had about 5 of my staff signed off in the last week with it. It's a bloody nightmare at the moment.

Yeah, situation's similar for me too, albeit i've only had one member of staff off with it. The potential problems it could cause our business are large though.