What's new

Surprisingly Unused Coaster Names/Themes

JoshJ753

Roller Poster
I thought a GCI/RMC named The Midgard Serpent built (partially) over a lake. The staion and queue could be inspired by Wodan and have a giant serpent statue in the station like Joris en de Draak. The height and speed could be identical to Colossos at Heide Park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
tomahawk said:
Just like Merlin needs to stop painting every **** ride black, gray, or white.

Pixar. The amount that can be done is near limitless. Yes you have a few small attractions here and there, but no actual coaster. While some have been planned and talked about forever, no major ride has appeared (excluding carsland which is more of an area).

Halo- one of largest viedo game series ever and nothing. Same can be said for essentially all video/computer games.

553240_10154835817270220_9129919039462444906_n.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hersheypark held a naming contest for Storm Runner back in the day (guess what name won?); one of the names was "Steel Stampede", which I was always partial to.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
The obvious IP for me that stands out is Lord of the rings/middle earth themed area and rides.

Massive fan base, huge potential for rides based on landmarks from the films.

Obviously I already know the issues for why this hasn't been done it's just difficult to believe they haven't been resolved.

Also hugely surprised we haven't seen an IRONMAN themed ROLLERCOASTER. I know we're getting that simulator but Ironman/Downey Jr is the main draw of what is currently the biggest franchise in cinema. Avengers potentially going to be at least top 3 box office draws of all time and obviously Ironman would be easy to adapt into a coaster

Also to add, not sure if this does exist at all, someone correct me if I'm wrong! A Nintendo themed park. Popular characters like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, pokemon, sonic etc

Casio

Mega Poster
JoshJ753 said:
I thought a GCI/RMC named The Midgard Serpent built (partially) over a lake. The staion and queue could be inspired by Wodan and have a giant serpent statue in the station like Joris en de Draak. The height and speed could be identical to Colossos at Heide Park.

http://rcdb.com/9465.htm#