What's new

Stealth restraints?, as it is? or just Lap bar?

Which Resraints for stealth?

• As it is now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lap Bars only?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauz

Roller Poster
I've noticed that even on the higher TTD there is only a lap bar restraint, and the same on silver star! Wujld you say stealth restraints better how it is, or just lap bar to be best?

Pls tell me your thoughts on this!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I definitely prefer the feel of lapbars, because they're just a bit less restricted and feel less restricting, even though the OTSRs really don't touch you that much. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see lapbars on an Intamin Accelerator again, with all the bad press Intamin restraints have had over the last couple of years.

Mike

Giga Poster
As long as I can't fall out of a coaster, then I am fine with whatever restraints a company wishes to put on their rides.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Lapbars. OTSRs affect my ride experience.

SS is a floater, different airtime. It is a big difference. B&M floaters use clamshell restraint, no lap bars.

Newer Intamin accelerators use OSTRs.

Dude

Roller Poster
Yeah but we all know the only reason Intamin chose to put OTSRs on the Accelerators is to take pre-cautionary measures against careless ride ops and careless guests.

A

Anonymous

I absolutely adore the Stealth restraints, they give you almost as much freedom as lapbars, they only touch you when needed and for 90% of the ride aren't touching you.

Nevertheless, they are easy to pull down too far, killing your legs. And they kill a bit of the fear too. So lapbars would have been better.

joe

Mega Poster
I'd prefer lapbars because the make you feel more free and will most probably provide a better experience. But the OSTR's are fine, I cant even feel them whilst riding, and they are comftable too.

Sam

Giga Poster
Obviously clam shells- more freedom- they make Dragster what it is and would be great on Stealth. But meh, the current restraints could be worse...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lapbars of course!

IMO, OTSRs should only be used if you goin upsidedown, and other than that, it should be lapbars. Now, I understand how parks don't wanna run the liability that comes with lapbars and the greater chance, even if it isn't that great, that somebody may fall out, but seriously, lapbars beat OTSRs anyday.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I would prefer the lap bars as you get more freedom.

On stealth as you are going over the bunny hop the braking is so harsh that I am thrown into the restraints and as the braking is very harsh. Yes I know that it is my fault for having my hands up.... but isnt that what you should do on a roller coaster? :lol:

spicy

Giga Poster
Well I think the restraints that stealth has at the moment are fine, I guess the lapbars would of been better though. It will probably only be a matter of time until TTD gets OTSR's.

Lap bars since they give you more sense of freedom and exposure. OTSR's give you more of a sense of security which as ZeroG said, kills some of the fear. With lap bars, your upper body is able to move around a bit more (though I understand the OTSR's on Stealth don't touch you), and I would assume that makes it easier to ride with your hands all up in the air.

Well I think the restraints that stealth has at the moment are fine, I guess the lapbars would of been better though. It will probably only be a matter of time until TTD gets OTSR's.

Agh, don't say that! TTD mustn't get OTSR's. That would be a pretty tragic experience for me and my favourite coaster. I'm sure if it operates fine the way it is, they're not going to bother installing OTSR's (at least let's hope they don't bother).

Almost

Hyper Poster
Honestly, this topic comes up alot. Ask UC about it.

I say the new Intamin OTSR's are better than their lap bars(I've been on both multiple times). Unless you porposely look at them during the ride, you don't notice them at all.

Alot of the people saying lap bars, haven't touched the new OTSR's *cough LFTL and Hyde*

Snoo

The Legend
Its the illusion of freedom which makes me prefer lapbars to OTSR's.

The thing is, on TTD, airtime isn't a big issue. I love the feeling of being able to move my arms all the way around.

Almost

Hyper Poster
^That's the thing though! You can move your arms anywhere! It's the perfect restraint.

Go ride Storm Runner and tell me if the OTSR's are noticable or prevent airtime.

A

Anonymous

Obviously Lap Bars would be better, and give a more thrilling ride. But I would crap myself, on the airtime hill I would actually be praying for my life as I dont feel safe with the OTSR's, never mind lapbars!

c&r

Mega Poster
UC, don't you find that those restraints are really heavy though? I mean, I've always presumed the intamin accelerator lapbars are the same as the intamin hyper ones, correct or not? (just thought I'd check whether they are). If they are, those are way more comfortable and I found them way easier to get a loose restraint with.

Ben

CF Legend
I love the rocket OTSRs. They're easily the best out there, but the ride has to be smoooooth.

I'm kind of glad we don't have Lap Bars. Like UC said, you'd be crushed, especially after the deaths that have occured. They'd be too careful. As it is, they really don't stable you at all on Stealth and you still get Airtime.

A

Anonymous

UC, to be honest, you said Stealths airtime hill wouldnt have any, but it does, so, there we go. Well, im pretty sure it was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.