What's new

Spanish Weather...

Mike

Giga Poster
Heya people, quick question here:
I should be going to Parque Warner Madrid this Saturday, but it's forecasted to be "heavy rain".

Will the park run like a UK park, or will it's Six Flags roots come out and have everything closed?

Thanks.

Mike.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Right. I was there a couple of weeks ago on a "rainy" day and everything was running.

However, I arrived after the rain had stopped, and left just as it was starting up again, so I'm really not sure what they do during actual rain. Everything was very wet while I was there, but running. The rain starting back up again certainly didn't seem to have them rushing to close things down either.

Like I said though, I wasn't there during any full-on rain...

davidm

Strata Poster
I've heard that the rain,in Spain, falls mainly on the plain.

Sorry, not helping much am I. :--D

Mike

Giga Poster
Thanks Gavin.
Even if it is pissing it down when I get there, I think I'm still going to risk it and take the train to the park based on what you've said. :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I heard they give out massive sombreros free of charge to act as umbrellas, and they come with a safety strap so they don't fall off when your on the big rides.

nealbie

CF Legend
david morton said:
I've heard that the rain,in Spain, falls mainly on the plain.

Sorry, not helping much am I. :--D

I don't know, I may have to watch My Fair Lady later now though.... :p

Mike

Giga Poster
My SleasyJet flight was delayed for 2 hours on Saturday, so I didn't have enough time to go to Parque Warner, and it was closed on Sunday. :(
Instead, I went to Parque de Atracciones on Sunday. It rained in the morning, but stopped so I went to the park (at about 12:30pm) and payed for entrance and everything. It turns out that they don't run rides "in the wet", even though it wasn't even raining!

After a while, they opened up a few things, so I quickly managed to get on Tarantula and I managed to steal a kid for one of kid-credits.
The other kid-credit was open, but the area was deserted so I had no chance.
Then, they had a 16-rider minimum for Tornado, so I don't think that ran at all all day.
They didn't even look to get Abismo open at all.
For no real reason, they were testing the Wild Mouse (Vertigo) for over an hour, and then it started to drizzle so the whole park just stopped again!

Riculous day, although the park seemed a lot nicer than what I've heard of it, but it's annoying how they can have such ridiculous Cedar Fair-esque weather policies.

I blame Stelios! :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Ah, now if you would have asked about that craphole as well I would have told you not to go if it was wet...

I went there right after Parque Warner, as their website said the rides were open until 10pm. They lie. Practically nothing was running (none of the coasters, just a few flats), and I can only assume it's because of the weather. Having said that, a few people have told me how **** their operations are usually anyway.

What a **** ing dump.