What's new

SOB SBNO?

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
LftL: I don't think the loop was taken out because of injuries. I'm pretty sure it was because they wanted to put in lighter (i.e. Gerstlaurer) trains that weren't equipped to handle the loop.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^The loop was removed because the trains that they were using were too heavy and did some damage to part of the rose bowl. The only reason the trains were used were because of the loop, so they bought lighter ones and removed the loop.

Haha so we rode it on possible its second last day of operation? That's pretty sweet, not that it's cool that anyone got hurt but you know what I mean.

As much as I don't like SOB, I don't think it's really a reason to close the coaster forever.. lol.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^It's a mix of the accidents, roughness, and low guest ratings that would cause the ride's demise.

A

Anonymous

Although I'll probably never go to Ohio soon, it's sad to see a "Coaster that could finally beat the legendary Beast!" go.

Well, the quote was from some coaster book I recently found, where SoB ranked number 4 in there top 10.

Error

Strata Poster
lazor 22 said:
Although I'll probably never go to Ohio soon, it's sad to see a "Coaster that could finally beat the legendary Beast!" go.

Well, the quote was from some coaster book I recently found, where SoB ranked number 4 in there top 10.

1) What year was this book published?
2) What were the "better" rides?
3) You're not missing out on much.

It's more painful then it looks.