What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

JoshC.

Strata Poster
There's lots of rumours floating around about multiple flats coming to the park next year. And it makes sense, given they're losing multiple flats. However...

Also, the park have have apparently confirmed that they've purchased 3 permanent flats to replace the Retro Squad.

I haven't heard any confirmation of this. Haven't seen any confirmation or anything. Be very interested if anyone has a more official line on this front?

davidm

Strata Poster
What do you guys think will be revealed tomorrow for IAAPA?
Very little since the show floor does not open until the 14th.

There is a dedicated thread for IAAPA'23 though, so what ever happens will be over in that I would think (rather than here);

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I haven't heard any confirmation of this. Haven't seen any confirmation or anything. Be very interested if anyone has a more official line on this front?
That's the only part that isn't just rumour at this stage, it was Divisional Director, Bianca Sammut, that confirmed they'd be replaced by 3 permanent flats at a Q&A, and indeed that they'd already been purchased. No hint at when they'd be installed as far as I know though. Sadly it wasn't said on camera, so you only have the attendees word for it, but there's so many out there who claim to have heard it at this point, I think it's reasonable to presume true.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
Hey look Legoland California's doing a thing
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1738vat
(the two removals in question are likely Safari Trek and Fairy Tale Brook btw)

EDIT: Fairy Tale Brook isn't on the chopping block. Or at least this isn't replacing it.

EDIT 2: disregard above, FTB is outta here

Merlin have just announced what sounds like a mere retheme of and some new ride vehicles for the Safari and Fairytale Brook. A "reimagined" Dino Dig Area will feature Meet & Greats. The rethemed land will be called Dino Valley and will open in spring 2024. So it seems that the 2025 project went to the chopping block I guess.

Source

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

cookie

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany will be joining Walibi Belgium and Bellewaerde in debuting their first ever Christmas event this year. Running every Friday to Sunday from December 1st and every day from the 21st to January 7th (with the exception of the 24th, 25th, and 26th), ”Hollywood Christmas” will see the park decorated in bright, American-style Christmas decor. The park will be operating from noon to 8 P.M.

View attachment 25601
0629alaseochi1.jpg

View attachment 25602

Christmas decor is going in and testing has begun for a new drone show to be held at night:

index.php

index.php

Thrillseeker2024

Roller Poster
TripAdvisor rankings in the paper today:

WbjgjGD.jpg

Good news for Paultons, impressed to see Crealy and Milky Way so high too. Although there does seem to be a southern bias a bit here - several small parks down south, but no sight of 'Mingo or Lightwater...
Bro milky way is awful, stank of new born cow

• Haha
Reactions: JMW

Graeme

Roller Poster
The Gerstlauer bobsleds are just excellent. I didn't even realise how good helices could be until I rode one - the ones I'd done before were just filler or an excuse to pummel you with positive Gs, but these actually change direction brilliantly. And for me, the airtime on these is as effective as anything else I've ridden. Fantastic rides, and I'd love to see more of them.

cookie

Giga Poster
tbh I'm a huge fan of these midsize bobsleds. I think they massively overperform compared to expectation. big YAC players
I’m there with you. Don’t think I’ve been on one that wasn’t a top 5 ride at their respective park. These things pack a real punch.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Fun Spot Atlanta’s trying a new modus operandi starting in January: off-season weekdays will only see ArieForce One and the arcades open, everything else will be closed.

4w5e8biy712c1.png

Reactions: ECG

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Fun Spot Atlanta’s trying a new modus operandi starting in January: off-season weekdays will only see ArieForce One and the arcades open, everything else will be closed.
Makes sense, but it actually starts Monday with the exception of the week prior to and week after Christmas fully operational. Weekends fully open for families and weekdays strictly for enthusiasts is definitely better than the current Arcade Only weekday ops.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Another double post...

Dollywood is getting yet another neighbor. Dig'n Zone Theme Park is scheduled to debut on March 1, 2024 in Sevierville, Tennessee. The construction-themed park will feature over 25 attractions that enable guests to control a wide variety of construction equipment, as well as seasonal experiences such as hayrides and corn mazes. Source

I don't think this is the same company that owns the Diggerland parks, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.