Small News From The Theme Park Industry

cookie

Giga Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Station, control and (maybe?) trains I can understand, but track and structure too? Any word on what that actually means? Just a new lick of paint, or something more?

Efan

Mega Poster
Possible major changes for a coaster 5 years old is worrying. Anything to do with stresses on the track due to the speed it takes elements at (not an engineer)? Or maybe to update it to the new shaping seen on stunt pilot?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Couldn't find this anywhere on the forums. Maybe it's been overlooked due to Jetline's derailing?
A guest and staffer received minor head injuries and were transported to a hospital following an incident involving the Looping Star roller coaster at Clacton Pier. The ride was shut down while a full inquiry is underway to determine the cause of the incident.

Source

cookie

Giga Poster
T3 is back, y’all

u94q3e18bn8b1.jpg

opivy028

Mega Poster
T3 is back, y’all

u94q3e18bn8b1.jpg
They actually do much to this pile of popsicle sticks to warrant the name change? One of the wobbliest coaster structures I’ve ever seen and just a constant shuffle I had to ride extremely defensively.

I honestly look forward to the day Elitch shuts down and they build condos or something else there. Denver should have a park somewhere out east of the city, maybe not too far from the airport where there’s plenty of open land, and have some proper roller coasters instead of a park where the best one is an SLC (and not even one of the better SLCs)

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
They actually do much to this pile of popsicle sticks to warrant the name change? One of the wobbliest coaster structures I’ve ever seen and just a constant shuffle I had to ride extremely defensively.

I honestly look forward to the day Elitch shuts down and they build condos or something else there. Denver should have a park somewhere out east of the city, maybe not too far from the airport where there’s plenty of open land, and have some proper roller coasters instead of a park where the best one is an SLC (and not even one of the better SLCs)
You try dealing with the city of Denver. This is the best they could do with what they have. Elitch moving a larger area of land would be for the best though.

Treyluvzejector

Roller Poster
Reports that on June 9th there was an injury on Electric Eel at SWSD. Not much info yet but could be the reason the seas SRII’s have been down recently.

Edit: Moved as doesn't warrant it's own thread.

opivy028

Mega Poster
You try dealing with the city of Denver. This is the best they could do with what they have. Elitch moving a larger area of land would be for the best though.
I’m thinking like completely new ownership, but I don’t want to get too far into fantasyland lol. It’s just a shame because Colorado has such nice weather, is one of the fastest growing states, and has decent tourism already for the mountains and such, a real amusement park seems like it should do well, but Elitch is literally among the worst out there.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It could be worse. The one time I visited this park the only coaster they got open all day was the half pipe.

I got a free ticket to come back because of the issues but my flight was that evening and can't see myself ever going back. Money not well spent.

Efan

Mega Poster
Minor but does it annoy anyone else that they've used basically the same stock clipart twice as if we forgot what it looked like two feet above?

cookie

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany will be joining Walibi Belgium and Bellewaerde in debuting their first ever Christmas event this year. Running every Friday to Sunday from December 1st and every day from the 21st to January 7th (with the exception of the 24th, 25th, and 26th), ”Hollywood Christmas” will see the park decorated in bright, American-style Christmas decor. The park will be operating from noon to 8 P.M.

1688290796755.jpeg
0629alaseochi1.jpg

1688290817254.jpeg

Last edited: