What's new

Skyrush's Restraints

Edward M

Strata Poster
I have heard that Skyrush's restraints hurt very badly. I am wondering if they do and how it effects the ride itself. Does it ruin it or not effect it?

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
My first time on it I hated it because all I noticed was the pain but after the next couple of rides I noticed all the other aspects of the ride that I loved. I just kinda ignored the pain afterwards because the rest was great. I wish it had over the shoulder restraints.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I was never bothered by the restraints, but I am definitely in the minority. For me the ride was phenomenal, the speed and air time was unmatched by any other coaster I've been on. I feel like if the restraints did bother me it would take a massive amount of pain to make me decide not to ride it again.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
To many it's ruined by restraints.

The restraints are just awful.

They only reason i have it rated highly is because by the 3rd ride in a row my legs were numb so the ride experience changed dramatically.

If that gives you any idea

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
They only reason i have it rated highly is because by the 3rd ride in a row my legs were numb so the ride experience changed dramatically.

Pretty much my same reason as well.

nadroJ

CF Legend
If you have thighs, then the restraints will hurt, but you'll be too busy being blown away by the ride to really give a ****.

I think our group noticed it more because we had ERT so after 20 or so rides the pain was getting a bit unbearable.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Skyrush is a great ride, regardless of restraints.

The restraints don't kill the ride by any means, but add slight discomfort at the end. The moment you notice the tight restraints the most? In the brake run, once the ride is over.

I'd gladly ride Skyrush again in a heart beat.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I noticed it most on the pure airtime hill. Didn't have too much of an issue with it on the break run. It also crushed me in the back row going over the lift hill. Though I agree, it is a fantastic ride and I'd go rude it in a heartbeat as well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mike said:
Edward M said:
How do you get ERT at Hersheypark?

Go with an enthusiast group and hope the park management are being kind.

I was going to say "passionate rimming", but that works too I guess ;)

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm totally agreeing with Youngster Joey here! The first ride was the worst, then your legs gradually get numb and by ride 10 or so you won't feel a thing :wink: The intense -2g airtime hills are definitely the worst part!

However, you can cheat. By trying to hold up the restraints while going through the high g parts (especially the bottom of the first drop) you can prevent the restraint from pinning you down, thus preventing the pain :)

CheeseBoy8

Roller Poster
The first time I went on Skyrush, I liked the ride but the restraints were very painful. However, since it was such a good ride, when I went back to Hershey later that year, I was eager to go back on, especially because I heard they replaced the restraints with softer ones. My thighs were only a bit sore at the end this time, compared to the extreme pain I was in my first time. :p Now I was able to enjoy the ride even more. This ride is such a good ride. I love it now!

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
I didn't notice it. I thought the restraints were fine. I heard that they were modified this past year, isn't that true?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Yes. They replaced the original ones with softer padding.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I rode in late June and had bruised thighs because of the restraints. If that was the new padding I cant imagine what the old one was.

bmac

Giga Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
I rode in late June and had bruised thighs because of the restraints. If that was the new padding I cant imagine what the old one was.

Ever have shin splints? Imagine that pain on your thighs.