What's new

Skyrush - what tier is it in? Now vs. new restraints?

What tier would you put Skyrush in?

• Elite

• World Class

• Outstanding

• Great

• Good

• Solid

• Meh

• Burn it to da ground

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am very curious about general throughs on Skyrush. I am getting out there in July, but I am very interested to see how the poll compares after the new restraints are installed. I will either re-post it, or make a new thread once the new trains start to actually get riders later this year. Have a great day :)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
On a site with members primarily based in the UK/Europe, you probably won't find more than probably....3...people who have ridden the 2024 version of the ride already.

EDIT, actually, the park hasn't even opened for the season yet, so that number is....zero.

Soooo, good luck on this poll.

TilenB

Strata Poster
On a site with members primarily based in the UK/Europe, you probably won't find more than probably....3...people who have ridden the 2024 version of the ride already.

EDIT, actually, the park hasn't even opened for the season yet, so that number is....zero.

Soooo, good luck on this poll.
I assume the purpose of this poll is to see what the current views of it are and then do it again once enough people have done it with the new trains? But as you said, since most of us are Europe based, there won't be a huge number of frequent posters that will have done the new trains by the end of the season. So give a re-run of this poll some time, @LightningColossus46.

While I haven't done Skyrush yet, I did find its sister ride in Abu Dhabi to be elite already. And if I'm being honest, I would be a bit anxious to ride Skyrush with the old restrains, as restrains that push on your thighs have been a detractor for me on some other elite coasters (Untamed or EGF). So I'm pretty happy to see those change, especially if they end up being anything like Flying Aces' - those seats were nothing short of perfect, imo.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The original seats on Skyrush were painful yes, but the ride is still in my top 5 even so. I do see the point that others make about it though, so your 2nd poll in a few years will heavily weight at the top end, hopefully with the people who really dislike the ride being significantly fewer.

There's a bunch of us UK folk going in June, but I think that only me and Sue have ridden the original seat version.

I assume the purpose of this poll is to see what the current views of it are and then do it again once enough people have done it with the new trains? But as you said, since most of us are Europe based, there won't be a huge number of frequent posters that will have done the new trains by the end of the season. So give a re-run of this poll some time, @LightningColossus46.

While I haven't done Skyrush yet, I did find its sister ride in Abu Dhabi to be elite already. And if I'm being honest, I would be a bit anxious to ride Skyrush with the old restrains, as restrains that push on your thighs have been a detractor for me on some other elite coasters (Untamed or EGF). So I'm pretty happy to see those change, especially if they end up being anything like Flying Aces' - those seats were nothing short of perfect, imo.
Having ridden both, I agree that Flying Aces' restraints are fantastic, at no point was there any pain at all. However, the airtime difference is extreme, so it's hard to know if those restraints would be quite so comfortable with Skyrush style hills.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

As someone who had the chance to ride Flying Aces and Skyrush last year; rest assured, Skyrush remains better than Flying Aces in ride comfort and overall design.

Current Skyrush is excellent, and an improved on the original lapbars (remember those?) - it's only upwards from here if we get restraints close to the VelociCoaster design.

Dan Nguyen

Roller Poster
I got two rides on new Skyrush over the past weekend. The restraints and seats are really really comfy. The ride doesn't really feel as sketchy as it used to though. Part of what made the ride so much fun before was how sketchy it felt. I managed to get one ride in a middle seat and one edge seat ride. Both times were well into the afternoon.

Is it still world class? Yes. But the bite it used to have isn't really there anymore, which is unfortunate. It'll stay my number 1 for now.