What's new

Skins Season 3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I've watched the first 7 mins on Myspace, and I have to say, I'm disappointed. The characters just don't seem to have that bond that could be seen right from the start of Series 1 with the old characters. There was quite a desperate attempt to make me laugh, but I didn't.

The only good point I can say so far is that Effy is in it (And she is quite fit ;))

I will watch the full episode on Thursday before commenting more...

Emmett

Giga Poster
Might give the first episode a try but with no Cassie I'm not sure I will like the new cast. At least Effy is still there as I really liked her character developing over the last series.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Yay!

I was sad to see the previous cast go, but I'm sure the new cast will still be very good.

Can't wait! :D

Ali

Mega Poster
YAY!

If you go onto 4OD then you can watch the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Looks INSANE! Can't wait until Thursday! :--D

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I watched season 1 and 2 and they were good but nothing special.... I am gona watch season 3 but I can't see it getting any better with an all new cast..... In my opinion, your much better off watching Shamless which is brilliant!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
kingatoro said:
YAY!

If you go onto 4OD then you can watch the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Looks INSANE! Can't wait until Thursday! :--D

Or Myspace where you can see the first 7 mins...:p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched the first half with the feelings that this show was a "moment in life" sort of show, as when I watched it yesterday I felt theat sort of era in my life portrayed on film has finally past.

However, the humour struck me. It was so well written. Effy's dad's car crash (Mondeo <3), when the wide-boy bloke did all the things on the list in one go, the farting teacher with the megaphone, Farther Dougle as the couldn't-give-a-**** teacher, then all the blonde bint clones doing health and beauty...the show is really well crafted and written.

It gets my vote.

However, the characters don't appeal to me just yet - with the exception of Effy, Katie (I think) the shy twin, and JJ.

So yeah, it was worth watching even if the subject matter doesn't feel relevant to me anymore. It's just great escapism.

I can't wait to read what Willy think of it all.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Effy <3, she was looking great last night and so was one of those red hair twins. Now I don't need Cassie. I couldn't believe she had sex with that new guy though.

I really enjoyed the first episode last night. The new characters seem very interesting and like Ian said Dougal from Father Ted was brilliant as one of the new teachers. Was that other teacher Claire from Coronation Street, I couldn't really tell? She was mad.

Can't wait to see the next episode as the preview for the whole series at the end looks amazing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Emmett said:
Was that other teacher Claire from Coronation Street, I couldn't really tell? She was mad.
Hmm, now I think about it, it probably was. She was annoying though, bit of a pointless character.

Emmett also said:
Can't wait to see the next episode as the preview for the whole series at the end looks amazing.
Hmm, have to disagree there. I thought it looked too much "party, party, party" which is boring to watch. What I like about Skins is the character interaction and intensity. For example, some of the "classic" moments from previous series such as Tony driving the mini with Chris' coffin on top and the parties were boring. I'm hoping that the trailer at the end was full of partyness in order to appeal to the mainstream viewers and because it looked "mental, wicked fun init mate."

Fingers crossed the slickness, humour and character intensity will be at the forefront of this series and not just the par-tays as the trailer suggested.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
It wasn't so bad. I will probably watch next week's episode.

I went to watch it in the lounge and just the commentators warning was enough to drive my mum out of the room.

I like JJ and the shy twin at the moment as characters. I always found Effy a bit annoying.

tks

Strata Poster
Freddie, JJ, Emily and of course Effy.

My liked ones atm. It's always a bit hard reviving a loved series with new characters, but I loved the sid referencewith his hat in the locker!

Cook's grinding on me already. Cocky twat!

Richie

Hyper Poster
I loved it :D

I love Pandora, hahahaha. It was so funny when she skipped down the corridor. She's proper random and such a loser :D

Effy's a whore. She's amazing. Freddie's boring, Cook's pretty cool, Naomi is amazing already. Actually the only one I didn't like was JJ.

Was anyone else very disturbed that the twins brother was spying on them? :?

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
I thought it was great!

All the humour was really well written, I loved the bit when Cook was doing half the list at once. I didn't like him at first, but now i think he's really funny. One of the twins (I can't remember their names) boyfriend was great too, classic chav guy with a crappy car :lol:.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes, when they focus on one characters, instead of all of them jumbled up.

And also ;
Effy = Hot cool)

nadroJ

CF Legend
All I can say is I thought it was bollocks. It's a tired out plotline of 'ooh let's go to college where EVERYONE apart from one person is amazingly hot and well-dressed, shag each other, do drugs and then have a massive argument about it'. Boring.

They tried to hard with the comedy aspect as well, what the hell was with the teacher farting into the megaphone. Ridiculous.

Skins, like many other TV shows, should have been left alone after Tony got run over, but ohhh no, it has to be butchered and done over and over until every last penny has been squeezed out of it.

The End.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just watched the full episode, and I will be watching again.

Emily. Sexy. Effy. Very sexy. Brother...erm...disturbing... :?

I thought I would be disappointed...and I'm not :D

Plus, Effy in panties and bra = :wink:

Griffin

Roller Poster
Did anyone else think that the beginning was a little like a Mr. Bean sketch?
I think overall that it was worth watching, and it's gotten me quite interested in the characters, but I was still disappointed as it was hyped too much and I was expecting more.
Also, did anyone else find the boyfriend with the car a bit disturbing? With her being 16 and him being about 23? I know it happens, and that there's nothing wrong with it really as it's legal an all, that's not what I'm saying. He just seemed such a slimeball haha

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Ahhhh episode 2 was much better! Anybody else agree?
I didnt really like the first episode that much as it was a tad bit too happy!