What's new

Six Flags new-for-2017 attractions announced

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwIIdIOnqw[/youtubevid]

3 clones of the Joker, 3 more JL's, 2 Giant Discoveries, a few flats, and a few waterslides. Literally nothing interesting.

Something else interesting is that 8 of the 13 additions are themed to DC.

Edit: Replaced the three identical Joker videos with the 2017 Announcement video, changed the title and moved the topic to reflect all the new attractions. - ECG

Gazza

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags GAm, NE, and OT | The Joker | S&S 4D Freespin

Yeah, dont mind more parks getting free spins. They are more agreeable than the Intamin ones (Though lack the polarising intensity), and they crowds seem to like them. Everyone steps off looking like theyve enjoyed it.

Also, can you make a bit better opening post?

A simple list with each park, and what it's getting would have sufficed...

Stuff it, I'll do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwIIdIOnqw

SFMM - Justice League 4D
SFGAdv - Justice League 4D
SFOG - Justice League 4D
SFGAm - Joker , Freefly
SFOT - Joker , Freefly
SFNE - Joker , Freefly
SFDK - Wonderwoman Lasso of Truth ,Giant Discovery (They already have a frisbee lol)
SFA - Wonderwoman, Starflyer
Great Escape - Bonzai Pipelines, body slides
SFStL - Spinsanity , Disko
La Ronde - Titan, Giant Discovery
SFMX - New Revolution VR (On which coaster?)

SFFT - Thunder Rapids Water Coaster , Proslide Flying Saucer Rocketblast (Similar to Singha at Siam Park)

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Do we know when the iron horse conversions will be announced?

TilenB

Strata Poster

Six Flags man sucks

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Gazza said:
Unfortunately it's Medusa Steel Coaster. :evil: :cry:
Chris Brown said:
Those will come from the individual parks, since Six Flags isn't getting any this year.
Gazza said:
Also, can you make a bit better opening post?
*Fixed

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

ECG said:
Gazza said:
Unfortunately it's Medusa Steel Coaster. :evil: :cry:
Chris Brown said:
Those will come from the individual parks, since Six Flags isn't getting any this year.

Wow, interesting decision there to VR their star attraction!

And thanks for the RMC info, at least we have some exciting announcements coming soon!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They're putting VR on an RMC?

Maybe Trump should build that wall...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I **** ing care!
From these announcements we can see that there's nothing remotely interesting coming to Six Flags this year other than the water coaster and they're screwing up one of my favorite coasters.
So yeah, crap announcement.
However I'm glad that it looks like RMC has fulfilled their contract with the chain and will now move on to bringing their goodness to other parks, which can only be a good thing IMO.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This is just terrible! It's going to get to the point were all the parks will just have the exact same rides! This has to be the worst investment year for a long time from Six Flags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza

Giga Poster
I dunno about anyone else, but I see the multiple Justice Leagues as a good thing, even though other parks already have them.

They're great rides, and will be hits in their respective local markets.....Especially SFOG if they give it an A/C indoor queue.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Wow what an underwhelming year for Six Flags. I mean, sure the Joker clones look like great rides, but it's just a shame for them to constantly install clones. Not surprising one bit, but still a shame. The watercoaster and justice league rides are pretty neat too. I just think they've put the least amount of effort into this years line-up as they could. There's nothing here that excites or interests me. Nothing's technically bad, but nothing's interesting enough to draw anything more of a disappointed 'meh' out of me.

Here's hoping come the 16th the rumoured RMC Cedar Fair collaboration will come true otherwise that's one pretty disappointing year for both Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
VR on an RMC?

So, 2017 Six Flags in review:

giphy.gif

davidm

Strata Poster
How about this for an aberration of an announcement video (guessing its the official video, reposted)

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6jktQDOnfQ[/youtubevid]

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I can't really say for certain that this was the worst year ever, since there were similar reactions that year they got loop-de-loops all over the chain and dared to call them coasters. Did they get any other rides that year, that made it better than this one on the whole?

Anyway, three S&S Freeflies aren't that bad per se. What's bad is that there's nothing bigger than them announced. Six Flags is a big chain with big merits, but an S&S Freefly isn't a big coaster. The unforgivable part, though, is that the three rides will have the same name. No wonder people keep thinking Six Flags is one park. When most of their parks appear to have the same rides with the same names, you get a certain "seen one, seen 'em all" feeling.

Lastly, does anybody know how Six Flags is doing financially? Are they still recovering, and need to buy rides and marketing in bulk to save money, or are they just putting in much less effort than they could afford?