What's new

Six Flags New Additions for 2014

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster
Mods: Please move if I have put this in the wrong spot.

I can't seem to find many rumors, news or much speculation for new upgrades, improvements and additions to Six Flags parks for 2014.

I know that they have started to do a 'grand announcement' at the end of August over the last couple of years, but wondered if anybody would like to contribute or speculate?

All I have heard is these very loose rumors

SF Magic Mountain: Possible Colossus upgrade, waterpark expansion
SF Great Adventure: Kingda Ka drop tower? (40th Anniversary??!!)
SF America: Skyscreamer

Anybody :?:

Intricks

Strata Poster
Kingda Ka Drop Tower wont happen. No spire is thick enough to support any extra weight. Compare the thickness of KdK/TTD spires to Tower of Terror II/S:Krypton.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I don't think that Iron Horse will happen on Colossus as soon as next year, probably will in 2015.
Also SFM is almost certainly upgrading Medusa

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
six flags america gaining skyscreamer makes a lot of sense, since they are now allowed to build over 300 feet. six flags new england should also be gaining a skyscreamer. Great Escape needs a big good new coaster BADLY. and then of course, iron medusa. no question that that is happening.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Colossus has been rumored since 2011 to be down for a season prior to getting RMCified, like Giant was since it is such a massive project. So that's pointing directly at either a 2014 closure, or since it's SFMM and they don't have to worry about weather (or closing) it could close towards the end of the season next year and be a mid 2015 addition (seeing as moth things open in July anyways.

Medusa at Mexico is all but confirmed Iron Horse, with the new height limit, SFA is getting a sky screamer, as well as SFNE since it was delayed for 2013.

It's also be cheaper for SFGAdv just to build a drop tower than add something to the back of Ka I would assume.

BBH

Giga Poster
Six Flags Great America is also rumored to be getting a Skyscreamer this year or next, I'm not sure what they could add besides that since they just went bat **** crazy on IgNight.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
A little birdie told me that at least one park (perhaps two) will be recieving Eurofighters similar to Dare Devil Dive.

One other park will be opening a massive drop ride, and another a "fairly" massive water ride.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
According to screamscape SF has trademarked the name "Aqua Twist" to be used on more Mack twist'n'splash rides like they added at La Ronde this year.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I've heard rumors that SFOT is getting something BIG within the next couple years. Something more expensive then the $10 million that the New Texas Giant cost. I really want a B&M Giga, or Wingrider.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The one Wing Rider i've ridden made me think they're overrated. then again i only got one ride and it was in the very back, maybe the front would be more the experience i'm looking for.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
A post has been added to screamscape and a photo is available that allows you to see supports on sight. They are the same colors as kingda ka's supports. Even if they say that it's not possible to add a drop tower to the back of Kingda Ka, It looks like its gonna happen. Or maybe they'll put it near the coaster. I just don't get how I didn't see them earlier, I was just at the park this past week...

bmac

Giga Poster
They were shipped in over the weekend and they were placed in the Safari exit parking lot, which is right next to the base of Kingda Ka's tower.

Now to make good note of this, I see way too many supports to be just for one drop tower if all they're doing is putting in one tower on the back spine. I've heard murmurs about there possibly being three drop towers on each individual corner of Kingda Ka.

I've also heard more about Rolling Thunder being removed, and that El Toro's engine issues came at a convenient time so they could prep for RT's removal.