What's new

Six Flags Great Escape | The Bobcat | Gravity Group Wooden Family Coaster | 2024

Hutch

Strata Poster
If there's one droplet of rain within 30 miles of the park, don't even bother! I got in line three times and as soon as one sprinkle came from the sky, it closed. They also only seemed to be opening it for partial parts of the day (it was shut the entire first day except the last few hours of operations on Sunday). I eventually got on it, and thankfully I hovered around the entrance because it was a long line.

Also, this will be a fantastic addition to the park! Excited to see an official announcement.
I thought they were doing a better job keeping it running this season before it bites the dust, but if it's still inconsistent that kinda puts me off.

What do you think of the ride? I've heard some really high praise, but I don't see it being THAT good. It looks pretty fun, so it's really just the relative uniqueness that's tempting me. If it was the corkscrew or woodie getting removed, I wouldn't bother.

I was hoping to tie the park into a bigger trip next year anyway. And at least I have Disaster Transport.

I thought they were doing a better job keeping it running this season before it bites the dust, but if it's still inconsistent that kinda puts me off.

What do you think of the ride? I've heard some really high praise, but I don't see it being THAT good. It looks pretty fun, so it's really just the relative uniqueness that's tempting me. If it was the corkscrew or woodie getting removed, I wouldn't bother.

I was hoping to tie the park into a bigger trip next year anyway. And at least I have Disaster Transport.

They seemed to make an effort to open it the two days I was there, but one day it didn't open until the later afternoon and then the second day there were a few shut downs for whatever reason (inclement weather supposedly, where not a drop was falling from the sky). It did open both days though. I did like the coaster but it was fun and nothing more. Certainly one of the more unique coasters out there so I'm happy to have it, but I wouldn't have made a trek to get it just because it's shutting down. It just so happened we were there shortly before it bites the dust! Also, the woodie at Great Escape is a ton of fun and really, really smooth! But the corkscrew was one of the worst of its type, in my opinion.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Alpine Bobsleds demolition has begun. Not like it was ever going to find new life outside of the park;
380740895_688689473291897_5475761020260440411_n.jpg
Source

On the brighter side, Great Escape has uploaded Bobcat plans to the board for when they meet on October 24th, you can sift through them all if you choose but here's a basic site plan and piece of artwork;
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 2.14.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 2.17.08 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 2.16.36 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 2.19.06 PM.jpg

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Simply a fantastic reuse of that station (I think?) & plot of land. Do wish the layout was a tad longer though, looks like it's still gonna have quite a bit of juice hitting the brakes.

ricklap77

Roller Poster
Pecfect coaster for the park! What a great addition! I rode the Bobsled on its last weekend and was wondering if the were going to reuse the station!

ricklap77

Roller Poster
I am wondering if the contractor to build it is Martin & Vleminckxas it is for many Gravity Group designed woodies?

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I am wondering if the contractor to build it is Martin & Vleminckxas it is for many Gravity Group designed woodies?
It's being built by GravityKraft. M&V haven't built a Gravity Group coaster in the US since 2011 when they installed Zippin Pippin at Bay Beach Amusement Park.