What's new

Six Flags Flash Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hi All,

Seen as I'm planning on taking a trip to a Six Flags park (Magic Mountain) next year, I'll only be there for a day and if it's busy I'd like to actually get to ride all their major rides, so I looked at Flash Passes. Now, here's the problem. I'd either go for Gold or Platinum, the thing is, what doesn't kinda make sense is, I can't tell the different between then both, the official site doesn't make sense, it doesn't really explain the massive like nearly double price difference in them both. So I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me?

What's the difference and which would you suggest?

Snoo

The Legend
The time you wait is the difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't used one in a while.. Gold is immediate to the FP line and Platinum is you have to wait the actual length of the line until you can get in the FP line.. but you don't have to be in line to wait.

That's how it was when I used it and it worked wonderfully.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know what Snoo is talking about, but he's got it all wrong.
There are 3 different types of Flash Passes:
1, The standard Flash Pass is the cheapest & all you do is select the ride you want to go on next. The Flash Pass/Q-Bot will tell you how long the wait for that ride is & will inform you when it's your time to go. In other words, it holds your place in line allowing you to do something else instead of queueing up to ride.
2, The Gold Flash Pass is similar to the standard one, however you only have to wait one quarter of the time it would take to stand in the queue line. So if the queue has an hour wait, you only have to wait 15 minutes before you get to ride.
3, The Platinum Flash Pass doesn't really care how long the queue line is. You simply select your next ride & you get to go on the ride in about 5 minutes or less. You also receive a wristband with the Flasspass/Q-Bot that entitles you to one immediate re-ride without getting out of your seat. If you want a second re-ride, you will have to get off the ride & program the Flash Pass/Q-Bot for that ride again. After another 5 minutes or so you will be able to get back on & after that ride you can then re-ride once again without getting off, if you choose to. It's very expensive, but you get to ride everything twice after a very short wait & you can use it over & over again.
I hope I explained this clearly without getting too confusing.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
SF flash pass

Snoo's got it all wrong, East Coaster has it all right

I have used both gold and platinum at SFGAdv, and the platinum is the best.

With gold, you wait for a tiny bit and ride once.

With platinum, you don't even wait and ride twice. It is huge advantage.

Go with the platinum, but they are popular so reserve it in advance on the Six Flags Magic Mountain website

Lofty

CF Legend
Thanks a lot, you've helped massively, I know the Platinum one is expensive, but, it looks well worth it from the way it is being described!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^If you've only got one day, and are unlikely to go again, then I'd say it's worth it; there are so many great coasters there.

I got extremely lucky when I went, and managed to ride everything without having to wait longer than 15-20 minutes (X2 and Tatsu), with most things being walk on, and this was in mid-July. However, and it's a big however, that seems to be basically unheard of from what the vast majority of people seem to say about the place.

So yeah, if I were to go again I'd probably splash for the Gold Pass personally; I'd say you'd get everything done that way, even on a busy day. It just depends whether you think the immediate reride is worth paying double for.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Or that you shouldn't bother answering a question if you don't have a clue? :p

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, my memory is a bit fuzzy from some 4 years ago when I bought it for one day at SFGAdv.. so.. who knows? :D

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That's because they didn't have Platinum Flash Passes 4 years ago. :wink:
Anyway, I think this has been covered pretty well so... :lock:

lofty, if you (or anyone else for that matter) want this topic unlocked just send me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.