What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
rollermonkey said:
Gah. I hate the edits. Reverse POV is not all that.
THIS. THIS. THIS.

I really don't see why they do it. It's really annoying.

But yeah, this thing looks insane. <3

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Hard to get a sense for the speed it's going to have through those jiggly bits and airtime hills on top of the cliff before it dives over the edge again. Looks almost pedestrian in the video but I'm willing to bet it's going to feel like anything but that.

Also a little disappointed that it goes flying into the brake run with so much speed & ends so quickly, but I guess we've been expecting that for a while now.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^There's no place to put more layout after coming off of the quarry wall. That's always been a weak point of Rattler's layout. I'm just worried that the section up top will be just as slow and boring as the previous incarnation of Rattler. (Less painful, to be sure...)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If's difficult to guage speed in a POV but if the tunnel part is frantic then that will be a highlight for me. Looks tight.

Can't wait to ride it in June!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybri

I agree on the constant look back pov's, they are awful.

This looks amazing and wouldn't you know it, it's still standing after test runs. ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The part on top of the quarry reminds me of T-Express' second half. The elements on both rides aren't taken very fast through both of those sections, but T-Express still throws you around like a rag doll. I have a good feeling that Iron Rattler is going to seemingly toy with riders in a similar fashion.

bmac

Giga Poster
I guess you could call the section on top of the quarry a "mixing bowl." It's not taken very fast by the looks of the POV but it looks like you're in for a good bit of lateral movement in your seat.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It's Robb Alvey doing what he does best...even if you do find him a little irritating somethimes!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGKbhydunoE[/youtube]

Anyway, this is a brilliant addition to the park and for me, has really ameliorated both the park itself generally and it's comparative standing. For me, the POV doesn't do the drop justice...but we'll have to see how it truly is, which will no doubt be awesome.

When's opening date?

marc

CF Legend
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | "Iron Rattler" |Steel Hybrid

Looking forward to what some others say as all the on ride videos so far make it look like the pace really drops off then picks up again at the 2nd big drop.

Does look fun though and the 1st drop and tunnel look great.

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
It's Robb Alvey doing what he does best...even if you do find him a little irritating somethimes!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGKbhydunoE[/youtube]

Anyway, this is a brilliant addition to the park and for me, has really ameliorated both the park itself generally and it's comparative standing. For me, the POV doesn't do the drop justice...but we'll have to see how it truly is, which will no doubt be awesome.

When's opening date?

It looks great, but I had to find an alternative clip. I can't listen to that guy for more than a few seconds.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jerry's rider-cam:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1i7e2JcE8[/youtube]

She looks alright too... ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That drop down the ravine makes my balls explode. The tunnel is pretty sexy, too. Can't wait to ride this baby in early June.