Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six Flags America | Firebird | B&M Floorless Conversion (of Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'Roller Coaster Construction' started by Matt N, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Peet

Peet Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Hyperion
    Best Park:
    SFMM
    Coaster Count:
    Let's not forget we are talking about the first ever B&M coaster here, it's practically a museum piece!

2. Hyde

Hyde I Lied About My Age! Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    ^ The front train piece is literally being mailed back to B&M as preservation in their office. ;)

Overall, glad they're floorless-ing the roller coaster. Definitely an important part of roller coaster history, and a fan of giving it new life.

Zek_Teh_Kek likes this.
  3. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    It wasn't even that bad as a standup. I quite enjoyed it!

I wonder when I'll try it out as I'm not exactly itching to get back to this :emoji_poop:hole in the next 10 years.

Hyde likes this.
  4. Coaster Hipster

Coaster Hipster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Agree with Pear here. Didn't find Apocalypse to be that bad. Sure, a little rattly and jolty here and there, but nothing horrendous. Actually glad the first ever B&M coaster stays.

5. Bathtub Gin

Bathtub Gin New Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Hersheypark
    I'm another one glad it's staying, despite being bummed that another Stand Up is biting the dust. Old-school B&M designs aren't a thing that happens anymore, so I'd take it even with VR, on-board audio, minecraft/fort-night/whatever bull:emoji_poop: themed, and ads plastered on my face as I ride. Floorless will work just fine, though.

I've always thought B&M Stand Ups were among the most intense coasters around. Never had any issues riding them. I got to take a few spins on Apocalypse towards the end of August, and I was worried that, based on the hate it gets on coaster sites, it might have legitimately gotten rough since I last rode it at SFGAm.
    Nope. Some people are just precious little vaginas. I even grabbed a last row ride- something I haven't tried in 10+ years (front row is the pure truth). Still fine.

I've really got to get out to Carowinds before they get any crazy ideas about Vortex.

6. Mitchell

Mitchell Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    I feel like the company really wanted to call it Phoenix, knew they really shouldn't but deep down didn't want to let it go.