What's new

Silver Bullet - A NoLimits Recreation

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
This recreation is as close as you could get to the real thing!

My first NoLimits recreation. Every single support, every angle, and every piece of track on it's 2 791 foot body, is calculated and exactly positioned according to the original, full scale ride. The terraforming is exactly the same from several photos of certain websites. The speed atteins 55 mph, has a height of 146 feet and a drop of 109 feet. The inversions are correct; inverted loop, cobra roll, zero-g-roll, and two corkscrews. Hope you like every part of this ride that I have reconstructed, on NoLimits.

POV: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pVzc8pQII[/youtube]

Photo's can be found here: http://unlimitedcoaster.blogspot.com/20 ... ullet.html

Xpress

Strata Poster
unlimitedcoaster said:
This recreation is as close as you could get to the real thing!

No. You're VERY far off. Aside from the general track layout, support placement, and inversion style, you're still YEARS away from coming close to what would be considered a perfect NoLimits recreation.

Recreating rides isn't something you can do in just a week- some people have spent YEARS trying to replicate a ride as closely as possible, going off of thousands upon thousands of photos and countless ride counts on the ride, and even then it may take them many hundreds of rough drafts to come as close as possible, and that's not including any supporting or theming!

This is why you very rarely see recreations done by people, because replicating a ride perfectly in NoLimits is a very long and drawn out process that takes countless hours of tedious work. My suggestion is you put off recreations until you know how to sufficiently use the program, and know how element shaping is executed, ontop of heartlining, proper banking, smoothing, and so on and so forth. To me, this looks like you found elements inside of the Elements folder and pasted them into the ride- that's a no no.

Rush

Giga Poster
I have no experience of No Limits, but I'd just like to say it looks MILES better than the real Silver Bullet.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm sorry but Xpress is right. The shaping of everything was pretty much off and you are quite far off - as you put it - "as close as you could get to the real thing". Yes the layout was exact to Silver Bullet but the shaping wasn't right at all. My advice is to keep building rides on NoLimits to improve your track building and your rides should get better.

^At least you don't get beat up on the real Silver Bullet.

Rush

Giga Poster
nealbie said:
OMG! I thought it'd be your bog-standard "car-park plonk" coaster - but that looks FAB! <3

Don't be deceived by its looks Neal, it's rubbish! :lol:

Xpress

Strata Poster
nealbie said:
OMG! I thought it'd be your bog-standard "car-park plonk" coaster - but that looks FAB! <3

Eh, it's not bad. Worth riding a time or two while at the park...

Brookes

Giga Poster
To be fair, I didn't think Silver Bullet was bad. My only complaint is that it is too smooth. I think it has a cool layout and the overbank and last helix are awesome.