What's new

"Shuckin' Escapade" | USA CF-Live | Trip Reports

Good reports so far, Marc! I have been trying to upload my pictures, but so far, to no avail. I'll do what I can though, because I want to start the reports tomorrow.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Taylor, did your lips hit your camera and brake it so you cant put them up? Thats terrible. Then again, nobody cares.

^ Haha, just Pilgrim's Plunge.. Four of us didn't ride Shoot the Rapids at Cedar Point because for one, it wasn't that hot out, and second of all, you get absolutely drenched :p .

And yes Tom, that's exactly what happened :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Shame I couldn't get Brad on Shoot the Rapids. Nothing like having your testicles absolutely demolished by water.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I was so amazing, I dropped a quarter through wooden panelling!

Hahaa, Matt that was so weird. I love the fact that everyone was trying to calculate the chance of that happening, too. You still soaked 'em though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Time for my second installment of the trip. This time, it's going to be a bit longer. As many of you know, this was the best Live that we have attended yet. I'm going to start the report with a bit of the behind the scenes, which should really show just how much fun we had on the trip.

It's still the 29th and we're just leaving Holiday World. We have a very long drive ahead of us. We put on a radio station, and we heard Kesha about 5 times, Bulletproof 3 times, California Girls twice, and a few other popular songs a few times each. The station we were listening to was playing the same seven or eight songs over and over. Driving down the road, Marcus, Aidan, Brad, and me start to point out hot girls, which led us to quite a lot of fun later on in the trip.

We're just passed St. Louis and we need some gas. We pull into a gas station and it was similar to our gas stop in North Carolina on Dixieland Doozy. We saw a guy almost drive away with the nozzle still in his gas tank. We also found that we hit a butterfly:

ShuckinEscapade086.jpg

We get back on the road, still listening to the same radio station. Finally, we arrived in Boonville, MO, a small town that was currently hosting the little league midwest championships. There were kids up the wazoo. We got hungry, so we wanted Wendy's at the truck stop next door. Instead of taking two lefts to the building, we drove around back through the truck stop, constantly avoiding trucks and other obstacles until we got there. Later that night, we wanted to go swimming. The pool's water level was about a foot lower than it should have been and the hot tub was probably 110*. We ended up splashing, dunking eachother, and making fun of Taylor. We then ended up relaxing before going to bed.

The next day, we hit the road again. We started listening to morning radio, which was extremely stupid and funny. We turned it off and started listening to Lil Wayne:

ShuckinEscapade139.jpg

As we got closer to Worlds of Fun, we narrowly avoided an accident(we actually just barely scraped another car) and got some Krispy Kreme. It was then time for credz:

ShuckinEscapade088.jpg

ShuckinEscapade091.jpg

Worlds of Fun was a surprising park. We were expecting another Carowinds, but luckily, the park turned out to be fairly nice and had some decent rides. Our only complaint was the lack of shade in queues. We did get to meet Tom though, which was awesome:
ShuckinEscapade092.jpg

We started with Prowler, which was quite a wild ride through the woods.
ShuckinEscapade097.jpg

It was full of airtime and got better and better as the ride went on.
ShuckinEscapade094.jpg

We each took turns in the front. First was Brad, Marcus, Taylor, and Gavin:
ShuckinEscapade098.jpg

Next was Jerry, Aidan, and Matt:
ShuckinEscapade099.jpg

We rode Prowler about five times before heading to Spinning Dragons. We waited a little, but got on just fine. Tom went with Taylor and Aidan and they spun the entire ride:
ShuckinEscapade130.jpg

Patriot was up next, and ended up being the surprise of the trip. The whole ride was butter smooth with a good variety of elements. The drop, loop, and immelmann are forceful and the 0-g is the best 0-g that any of us have been on. The helix is awesome and the hill over the station has a very nice drop. The corkscrew has the traditional whip and the final helix finishes off the ride with some positive Gs and a bit of airtime. I have a lot of Patriot photos so I will save them until later.

Timberwolf was next, and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. We heard crap, and it wasn't too bad.

After Brad got his big apple credit, we went to Mamba.
ShuckinEscapade115.jpg

The ride is alright. The drop and first two hills have good air and the helix has some awesome supports. The rest of the ride is pretty meh though:
ShuckinEscapade120.jpg

We headed for the last cred, which was Boomerang. We thought it was pretty bad, but we laughed at its Barbie colored train and its milk carton as a storage bin.
ShuckinEscapade121.jpg

We went back for rerides, which included Mamba, Prowler, and the photogenic Patriot:
ShuckinEscapade105.jpg

ShuckinEscapade107.jpg

ShuckinEscapade108.jpg

ShuckinEscapade110.jpg

ShuckinEscapade124.jpg

ShuckinEscapade125.jpg

ShuckinEscapade129.jpg

ShuckinEscapade132.jpg

ShuckinEscapade133.jpg

ShuckinEscapade138.jpg

We then headed out. Tom recommended a smokehouse for dinner, so we headed across the state line to Kansas for Jack Stack. We got an incredible amount of meat and it ended up as one of the best meals on our trip. We then said good bye to Tom, who had a ton of fun. We were all glad to meet him and hope that we can again soon.

It was time to drive to Springfield, MO. about two hours into our drive, we stopped for drinks at a gas station. Marcus sees a hot girl walk out of the station and get into her car. He thought the person sitting in the car was her hick boyfriend. They get on the highway before us and we pass them only to find out that her hick boyfriend is actually her even hotter brunette friend, so we waved at them. Two minutes later, they drive passed us waving. The first thing we thought was "PEN AND PAPER!" We found a pen right off the bat and we were scrambling for paper. We couldn't find any, starting to feel glum when we looked at eachother and exclaimed "KRISPY KREME BOX!" We started tearing it apart just so we could write "What are your numbers?" on the box. We drove passed them holding the sign and they returned the message with a number. Unfortunately, they gave us a land line, but the fact that we got a number was great.

We arrived at our hotel a little confused about how to get to it, so we ended up off roading over the grass into the parking lot. We relaxed a little and saw Gavin get frazzled because the attendant at the Kum and Go station wouldn't let him buy beer with a copy of his passport. After more laughs, we went to bed.

The next day was Silver Dollar City.
ShuckinEscapade140.jpg

We got to the park and found a line to get into the parking lot. The entrance was full of old people, but we got in and headed straight for Grand Exposition Coaster. We got our kiddie cred and headed for the bigger rides. We also took in the park scenery:
ShuckinEscapade146.jpg

They had some interesting stuff, including this stone water ball thing:
ShuckinEscapade143.jpg

The park had a swinging bridge as well:
ShuckinEscapade145.jpg

And just like Dollywood, they had the giant skillets filled with delicious smelling food:
ShuckinEscapade144.jpg

Our next ride was Thunderation. Nobody really knew much about this ride, and we found out that the third and fifth cars face backwards. We all had to try it out. The ride starts off at the top of the hill which the park sits on, and meanders down to a giant helix. After a few turns and hills with some airtime, a lift hill takes you up to a fairly large drop which then rises up into the brakes. It's the best mine train that I have been on:
ShuckinEscapade173.jpg

Up next was Wildfire, which was my 250th coaster.
ShuckinEscapade149.jpg

It turned out to be a good choice for 250.
ShuckinEscapade151.jpg

The ride flowed well, had great forces, and was fast paced. If only the ride was a bit longer, it would probably be ranked a bit higher.
ShuckinEscapade154.jpg

Just like all the other coasters, Wildfire sits on the side of a hill. The station and viewing platform are basically half way between the ground and the top of the lift.
ShuckinEscapade157.jpg

We stopped to get some drinks by this lovely waterfall:
ShuckinEscapade159.jpg

Powder Keg was next. It was our longest wait at the park and was one of the more unique coasters of the trip.
ShuckinEscapade161.jpg

The unique part of Powder Keg is its sliding track section. After rolling out of the station, the following piece of track slides to the left and about ten feet upwards to the launch track.
ShuckinEscapade164.jpg

Powder Keg then launches into a series of hills and turns before the lift hill. After the lift hill, you drop down into a forceful helix before the brakes. Personally, I found that the lift killed the flow of the ride.
ShuckinEscapade167.jpg

Our last cred was Fire in the Hole, a clone of Blazing Fury at Dollywood. Not much to talk about here. We then headed to a buffet for lunch, which was absolutely awful. We checked out Flooded Mine, which was a pretty cool shooter. After walking around and grabbing some rerides, we headed out. I'll end this part of the report with a photo of the cutiepies, Brad and Taylor:

ShuckinEscapade174.jpg

I hope this part of the report shows just how much fun these trips were and how much fun all of them can be. I hope that this also inspires/encourages other members to join in on the fun next year.

Enjoy! Six Flags St. Louis and Indiana Beach come tomorrow.

Day 1- The Arrival and the Meetup

Once again, the bus ride to Snoo's house absolutely blew. Left at 5:15 in the morning, and had a heck of a time getting across the border. The lady made me sit there and name every park I was going to, on which day, the names of the people I was going with, where they were from, and then she questioned that I didn't have permission to leave so she called my mom. I love how they do all this for Canadians coming into America, but when Americans come to our country, they just ask where they were, if they're bringing anything in, and that's about it. Then the amazing four hour layover came, which passed by fairly quickly since I just chilled and read.

GEDC0683.jpg

The D!

At 5:00, I got to Youngstown, where Snoo picked me up with his friend Ernie. No more than ten minutes later, the tire starts making a weird noise. It was flat. Awesome!

GEDC0684.jpg

GEDC0685.jpg

Marcus has swass! And swass, for those of you who don't know, is sweaty ass.

GEDC0686.jpg

Marcus and Ernie being mechanics.

After that mishap was sorted out, we went to play some golf. Of course, we all sucked, Marcus sucking the hardest (haha how sexual) because he almost hit two people who were way on the other hole. Then there was my eight attempts at trying to hit one ball, which was equally as depressing. I think we are all destined for greatness in the sport, really.

GEDC0687.jpg

GEDC0688.jpg

Batting cages were next up, where we all did decent, but then Marcus had to go and play the fast one which he kind of sucked at, no offense.

GEDC0689-1.jpg

GEDC0690-1.jpg

By the time we were done, it was already getting sort of late, so we went to pick up the car that we needed for the trip, chilled with his friends for a bit, then got some Wendys, since I hadn't eaten since three the previous morning. It was getting pretty late, so I went on Facebook and saw that Gavin's status said that they were all in Ohio! The time was drawing near, and it was exciting, so me and Snoo made our way to the hotel where we met up with Jerry, Aidan, Gavin, Brad, and Matt! This is where I learned that Matt was "deaf," which came as quite a shocker to me at the time. Since it was late, we all headed to our rooms because we had to get up super early in order to be at Kings Island for opening at 9:30.

GEDC0692-1.jpg

A really bad quality picture of the hotel.

Kings Island and Holiday World coming up soon!

Day 2- Kings Island

This was the earliest start to the trip, as we had to get up at 3:45 in the morning in order to make it to the park for opening. So with literally no sleep, we got up, got ready, and headed out the door.

GEDC0693-1.jpg

The boys in the front of the car!

GEDC0694-1.jpg

Walking towards the entrance, ready for some Diamondback ERT! We rode it about three or four times, before meeting up with Matt, Kevin, Laurel, and Ben.

GEDC0695-1.jpg

He looks happy, right? Wrong. He didn't like it very much at all, and there were a few of us who agreed that it wasn't as good as it was last season.

GEDC0696-1.jpg

Brad and Marcus, about to ride Diamondback in the front row!

GEDC0697-1.jpg

Waiting around for everyone to get off the Dback.

After Diamondback we went on Beast, which I think is still an amazing ride, even in the day. It's so unique, and even though it doesn't have much airtime, it's extremely quirky and the way it goes through the forest is awesome. I wanted to ride the coaster with Matt, so I used my awesome motioning/sign language skills to ask him to sit next to me.

GEDC0699-1.jpg

Me and Matt in line for Beast.

As we were getting off the ride, someone stepped on my half broken flip flop (I still don't know who it was) and broke it completely, meaning I had to walk around with a ruined shoe all day, which proved to be super uncomfy.

We made our way over to the are of the park where Firehawk and Flight of Fear are in hopes that they might have short lines. Neither of them did, but we got in line for Firehawk anyway. The ride was fun as usual, except for the fact that Marc lost his wallet, which he should have put in the locker I bought before we got in line!

Since Flight of Fear had a long line, we went to Adventure Express, where we eventually realized we lost Gavin! But once we got off, we found him, which is awesome because I would have been sad to lose my favourite Whalish person :p .

A few people decided to ride Delirium, but a lot of people sat it out, including me. I never thought it compared to MaXair, so I really couldn't be bothered.

GEDC0700-1.jpg

I took a picture of Marcus and Brad in the test seats.

We were sitting at the picnic table talking about flip cup and other random things, when all of a sudden, something happened that made me feel like the biggest fool ever. I heard Matt start talking, I turned around, and he goes, "by the way, I'm not really deaf." Well, I was shocked, and I felt ridiculous that I fell for such a thing, but everyone was in on it and Matt acted it very well, so kudos, guys!

Still shocked, we rode the rest of the rides in the area, including Invertigo, Flight Deck, and Drop Tower.

GEDC0702-1.jpg

While we were riding Drop Tower, Matt (as in, Hyde244) sat out, and promised he would take some lovely shots with my camera. This is what he took:

GEDC0704-1.jpg

GEDC0705-1.jpg

GEDC0708.jpg

GEDC0709.jpg

GEDC0710.jpg

GEDC0711.jpg

Here is a shot of Matty and Athena in line for Flight Deck:

GEDC0712.jpg

Kevin and Laurel:

GEDC0713.jpg

We went to eat at Panda Express next, where I ate almost none of my food for some reason. Thinking back though, it's probably because all the food I got was bottom-of-the-dish stale stuff.

Pretty sure we did the kiddie coasters next, as well as the shooter. What happened after that infuriated me... Brad got the kiddie credit that pretty much nobody else could ever get!

GEDC0714.jpg

GEDC0715.jpg

Such a credit whore! This trend would be seen a few other times throughout the trip as well.

After we rode the rest of the coasters, such as Vortex, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Flight of Fear, we said byes to Athena who had to leave a little bit early. We rode Racer, which was fun, and much better than I remember it being last year, despite the fact that I didn't win both races, grr. A few of us went off to the car for a nap, including myself, which turned out to be convenient timing considering it stormed for a while, but a few hours later we went back into the park. After faffing around for a while, it was time to get some night rides on Beast, which was absolutely mindblowing as usual! We got two night rides a piece, and then headed back to Firehawk to retrieve Marc's wallet. The walk back there was pretty nice since all the lights were on in the trees, and we were literally like, the only ones there. We had to go to the front of the park and wait until about 10:30 until, surprisingly, Marc got his wallet back with everything inside!

It was time to call it a day, so we left the park and headed to the hotel, where we saw a frightening "lizard" in the parking lot, as Brad put it, but it was actually just a big praying mantis. We went to our rooms and hungout for a bit before going to bed.

Stay tuned for day 3- Holiday World!

What do you mean Matt was "deaf?"

Was he actually deaf or...?

No, this is the story. It was basically a sick joke that went like this.

I got to the hotel the first night, and me, Marcus, Brad, and Jerry were standing outside on the balcony. Jerry comes out and says "make sure you talk to him slowly and do hand gestures to Matt." Of course, I was like, what the heck? So everyone is like, oh my god, you didn't know?! Matt is deaf, how could you NOT know, everyone knows?! I was so nervous because I never dealt with a deaf person, so all night in the room with Gavin and Brad, they were making fun of me saying how I was so inconsiderate for not knowing! So they were telling me it would be fine and just don't speak too slowly or Matt would think I was taking the piss. The next day, I was trying to talk to Matt a little bit and getting confident with my deaf person skills, unknowing that everyone was laughing behind my back as I tried hand motioning "want to ride Beast with me?" Well, in the middle of the day Hixee (Matt) informs me in front of everyone that he's not actually deaf, so I sat there speechless and laughing for a while.

T'was a good joke, and everyone was in on it. They wanted Hix to do it all week, which would have been horrid!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
After Silver Dollar City was Six Flags St. Louis. We headed to the park about a half hour early and waited for Gavin, who decided to go clubbing the previous night.

panoramasfstl.jpg

We got a little bored, but at least we looked sexy.

ShuckinEscapade184.jpg

Gavin finally came and we headed for Mr. Freeze first.

ShuckinEscapade186.jpg

Since we were the first people there, we were able to reride the ride. Brad actually rode it three times.

ShuckinEscapade190.jpg

Mr. Freeze is one of those rides that has a unique feature on it. This ride has sliding station platforms to allow two trains to operate.

ShuckinEscapade187.jpg

The ride isn't the best, but it's fun.

ShuckinEscapade235.jpg

Next was Tony Hawk's Big Spin, which was a mirrored version of Spinning Dragons with a rearranged station.

ShuckinEscapade210.jpg

The Boss was next. The queue was awful and the ride jackhammers the hell out of you, but it has a good layout.

ShuckinEscapade199.jpg

We did Superman:Tower of Power, which ended up being a great tower. They had an awesome drop cycle where they dropped one coach at a time.

ShuckinEscapade227.jpg

After, we showed off our sexyness.

ShuckinEscapade204.jpg

ShuckinEscapade206.jpg

Screamin' Eagle was next. I liked the terrain and layout of the ride, but it was pretty much meh.

ShuckinEscapade209.jpg

We did River King Mine Ride afterward, which was absolutely awful. Ninja followed, which wasn't as bad as everybody says it is, and it's definitely not as bad as River King.

ShuckinEscapade211.jpg

We headed to Batman: The Ride next.

panoramabatman.jpg

This was the second best Batman clone I have been on. Only Vampire is better.

ShuckinEscapade218.jpg

The ride is extremely forceful and you can feel pins in your feet in the vertical loops.

ShuckinEscapade228.jpg

The rest of the layout was just as forceful as the loops, even the drop.

ShuckinEscapade242.jpg

The last ride of the day was Evel Knevel.

ShuckinEscapade232.jpg

I really enjoyed the ride. For some reason, I found it more comfortable than other GCIs.

ShuckinEscapade233.jpg

Evel has a great layout with lots of twists and turns and pops of airtime.

ShuckinEscapade234.jpg

The ride is very fast paced and doesn't let up until the brakes.

ShuckinEscapade239.jpg

The selling point of Evel is a stretch of track containing four bunny hops with some awesome airtime.

ShuckinEscapade240.jpg

It was time to head out, so we left and were able to relax in the hotel for a few hours before going to bed.

Indiana Beach was next on the agenda.

panoramaindianabeach.jpg

The park was small and cute, but had a great atmosphere.

ShuckinEscapade253.jpg

The park had to get inventive with their rides due to land restrictions. Many of their coasters are built on stilts over other rides.

ShuckinEscapade279.jpg

ShuckinEscapade270.jpg

There were also rides and coasters surrounded and encircled by others.

ShuckinEscapade272.jpg

ShuckinEscapade264.jpg

Our first cred was the Galaxy, which was ok. Steel Hawg followed.

ShuckinEscapade257.jpg

Steel Hawg is nothing more than a wild mouse on steroids, but it's pretty cool still.

ShuckinEscapade281.jpg

Since Hoosier Hurricane was right by, we went there next. The ride is pretty mediocre.

ShuckinEscapade266.jpg

We saw Lost Coaster was running so we headed there. Luckily we got on before it closed. The ride is very strange, and it's hard to believe that the train can negotiate some of the turns in the ride.

ShuckinEscapade262.jpg

We ate lunch and saw the ski show.

ShuckinEscapade271.jpg

Tig'rr coaster was next, which was alright. But Cornball Express was next. Marcus hyped up the ride, but it ended up being a fun ride.

ShuckinEscapade284.jpg

Lastly, we rode the flying scooters. It was a shame that we weren't allowed to snap them, but they were still fun.

ShuckinEscapade251.jpg

ShuckinEscapade268.jpg

We ended up the day in the arcade playing various games, which was a nice change of pace.

ShuckinEscapade277.jpg

ShuckinEscapade275.jpg

We then drove through corn country to get to Toledo. We were able to relax at the hotel once again before going to bed.

Enjoy! The last installment comes tomorrow.

mispurfekt

Mega Poster
hahahah yesss hyde did an amazing bob barker voice.
--- 2 riders!? are there 2 riders?!
--right here!!!!
---we have a winner! commeee on down!!!!

mispurfekt

Mega Poster
even tho i only joined for the one day, it was nice meeting everyone that i had heard so much about. maybe ill see you all again sometime within the next year. ^_^

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
You guys look like you had sooo much fun. I will be looking into going next year and meet with the North American gang, but I should really start saving now and find a sustainable job :p Looking forward to the rest of your PTRs :)