What's new

Should Merlin Make a Theme Park Only Pass

Should Merlin Make a Theme Park Only Pass

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Stop being fussy and use the normal one more.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inverse

Hyper Poster
marc said:
For me to get to London its £26 during the week

A bargain day out if you do the Eye, dungeons and wax works. Have a look at the sights, grab a pizza hut dinner for about £15... jobsagudden!

I think Merlin know that the parks are the big attraction and that the other attractions are there, as Ian suggested to get you spending once your in.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Sounds like a decent idea, since I only really visit the parks, and occasionally do the London Eye since I live so close to it. I don't like to feel like I've paid for attractions that I never visit, such as MT :?

But as others have said, it would be too much of a loss on Merlin's half.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
I got a pass in 2006 for £80 and I thought it was great value, it jumped up to £100 afterwards so decided not to renew

Tight git :p

At £100, they're a bargain, but £150, they're 'alright'. I wouldn't mind betting they may a lot more money when they were £100 as appose to £150.

It isn't a bargain, Six Flags annual passes are on for $50 at the moment for 15 parks!

nealbie

CF Legend
But we forget to add in the contributing factor of travelling costs to said 15 parks ;)

They HAVE to reduce prices of the pass to make them viable :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I dunno.

I use the pass for non-parks often, but only for the hell of it. But saying that, I only go to the parks so much because I have the pass.

It would depend how much cheaper it was, for me. I like being able to go to London Aquarium, a lot.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Must admit,the one and only time I owned one,I really did make the most from it.

London Eye,Madam Tussauds,Dungeons,Sea Life,things I probably wouldn't have done without it.But,there's only so many times I'd want to do those things.

It would be nice to have just a park pass,at a cheaper price of course,for those wanting to visit,well just the parks.

marc

CF Legend
I don't think they would tbh.

People who want all the attractions will buy the normal one and people who just want the theme park one would just buy that.

People like me who will not do the extra attractions and will only go to the parks 3 times do not see any value in the pass and for that reason do not buy one. Therefore Merlin do not make the money from me, and they would if they just sold a theme park pass.

They would probably end up making more money than they are now if you look at it the way I am.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It's a business, of course they would put the prices up.
To have more things is a privilege, so they're going to charge for it if thats the case.

marc

CF Legend
I would have though the others would stay the same with the theme park only one less.

So you would have £200
£150
£100

That way you cater for everyone.

£200 all year attractions
£150 all attractions with restrictions
£100 theme parks only

Thats what I mean, I think it would work.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Actually, thats not half bad.

At the moment though, annual pass prices have dropped to 120 quid till the 31st of this month. So it isn't too bad a deal even if anyone did miss the £75 offer.

marc

CF Legend
Yes there are offers at the moment but people who use clubcard point can not use the offers.

Plus if you want the top one you have to pay full price.

It is just an idea anyway and for me I would make used of the £100 one but not the £150 or even £120. Yes I know it's only £20 but that is my fuel for one trip :)

tbh this is the 1st time I have seen all these offers.

Nic

Strata Poster
Its a nice idea. However, I can't see them going for it. This wouldn't entice many non-pass holders to buy one. All it would really do is cause some people who would usually buy a pass to spend less money. I think they'd probably lose out overall. Plus, when have Merlin ever done anything with the passes that actually makse sense and isn't just all about making money?!

Not sure if I would buy a park only one or not, tbh. I use my pass to go to other attractions, but usually only visit them because they're 'free'. For example, I won't be visiting any of the London attractions in august this year, simply because I'd have to pay for it. That said, I do like the opportunity to go to Brighton Sea Life for free. Its somewhere that I have paid for in the past (before owning an AP) as its something that's quite nice to do when you've got weekend visitors.

Anyway, I don't pay for my AP. I get it for my birthday each year... so, hell to it, I'd still get the ordinary one :)