What's new

Should I Stay or Should I Go? (Not Clash related)

Should I stay or should I go?

• Stay and save the money!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go and have a great time but spend loads of money!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nadroJ

CF Legend
OK, I have a bit of a dilemma at this moment in time.

The trip to Spain me and Mark (Mushroom) were planning has hi a bit of a brick wall for me. We were planning to go 19th-22nd August only now the stupid exam board have decided to realease my A-Level results of the third Thursday of the month (the 20th) rather than the second of the month as they have done EVERY PREVIOUS YEAR. So now I'm a bit stuck.

The options are:

a) Pay 50 quid to get the flights moved so we fly out on the evening of the 20th (it's 25 quid to move each flight and there's no way I'd make Mark pay an extra 25 just because I was too stupid to realise) Which means I'll have paid a total of 100 quid for my flight plus I'll still have to pay for a hotel, park entrance and spending. But I still get to go.

b) Just not go but then be 50 quid out of pocket as obviously Ryanair do not offer refunds. Plus, Mark would then indefinitely be flying alone as I was the only 100% attendee to this trip so far.

So, should I stay or should I go?

Gazza

Giga Poster
So either way, you are pissing up 50 GBP. I'd still go because at least the 50 GBP gets you something.

At the end of the day 100 GBP for flights is pretty cheap anyway (From the perspective of someone who doesn't have access to anyone as cheap as Ryanair)

nadroJ

CF Legend
That's what I thought, and it also means I'll get to go on some of the best coasters in the world (according to the CF poll anyways)

Still, whole lotta money being spent on hotels and whatnot....

Gah! See, I really need help on this one!

Gazza

Giga Poster
But you would've spent that money on hotels anyway if you hadn't had to change dates right, so what's the problem?

Slash

Giga Poster
They'll still send the results to your house won't they?

Just pick them up when you get back?

If not, just go, more fun paying £50 to go somewhere later than to not go at all, right?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Slash said:
They'll still send the results to your house won't they?

Just pick them up when you get back?

They do with the GCSE results, so I assume it's the same with A-Level results. If not, I suggest still going.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Can you not pick up the results on the day after you get back? I know some people need to make quick choices about colleges/uni's when they get the results, but would 2/3 days later make a difference.

Also can you not check results online nowadays?

Lain

Giga Poster
I agree with Emmett.

You can check your results online on the 20th, and then pick them up when you get back. Or maybe you could phone your school/college and get them to post your results, rather than you picking them up.

Ben

CF Legend
Yes. You can check SOME of your results online. I seem to remember some exam boards doing it and some not...?

You'll be fine. I was in America for mine, and it was fine. You can also get a relative to pick them up, or, I'm guessing even a friend? All we had to do was sign a little thing that says "I certify _____ may pick up my results", never said anything about it being family, so, I'm sure that'd be fine.

If you're THAT bothered by it (ie., you're really not sure you'll get your results and will want to be around to madly ring around), I'd say change the flights. But, I honestly don't think it's anything you can't sort out from Spain. I mean, if you did have to ring your Uni from there... they have phones in Spain :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Basically, my mum is the one that's like 'but what if your results are crap?' etc, and can't understand the fact that you can get them on another day. So the only option is to change my flight or not go basically.

So most people think I should go?

Dave

CF Legend
Only worry is if they aren't what you hoped for and none of the uni's accept you (if you've only had conditionals) you may need to ring clearing. But thats a big IF as I know you'll do well!

I'd go, as it be fun!

marc

CF Legend
I would not go as all the time you are there you would be thinking of your results and not enjoy it. Trust me had the same years ago when I went on holiday when my GCSE results were out, in the end my had drove me home to get them.

At the moment yes its £50 lost but you still need to spend another £100 when there.

But saying that I would probably go s its only a few days and not like 2 weeks when I went away.

I would not pay to change my flights though, you are best off to cancel and rebook. I think that works out cheaper?

Peter

Hyper Poster
You should go, and change the flights to the end of June, because that way i'll be able to come too. :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yes DjTommyB, I'll get the whole country's reults postponed so I can have a nice little trip to Spain for myself =D

Dates have been changed to something like the end of June now so hopefully it's all sorted and I can now successfully whore some Spanish coasters this year, hurrah!