Should Disney Have a Walt Character?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
What do you think? Being able to go to Disneyland and meet Walt Disney! Get a picture and an autograph, the whole shabang!

Yay or Nay?

Mark

Strata Poster
Ooooo more Jizzney topics. I approve lol.

And why have I never thought of this before! They have had actors perform as a lookalike of Walt in the parades in Florida. Whether this would work and not be creepy is debateable, especially since we all publicly know that he is dead.

I think a waxwork style Walt statue would probably be a little more appropriate.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Besides, at DLP it's hard enough to get anywhere near a Disney Character without having to cross the photographer's palm with sliver, or watch from a queue or safe distance anyway, for the prospect of people getting a chance to see one of Disney's less well known celebrities...

marc

CF Legend
I would sort of say no. Walt was Walt and I did not like it on the parade when they dressed someone up as him.

So thats my reason for it.

Slash

Giga Poster
I think he was Tay. I'm not 100% on that but I think he was.

Oh yeah and I know this 100% he did not support Nazism.

He sounded like a nice guy in videos of him, all of his staff liked him.

As for a character Walt... No. Creepy, weird and it's not gonna sound or act anything like walt probably.

I think he was Tay. I'm not 100% on that but I think he was.

I thought he was too, a long time ago, but it was just a rumour.. He was actually cremated.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/info/wd-ice.htm

Disney's death certificate shows that he was cremated two days after his death. (The name, license number, and signature of the enbalmer appearing on the death certificate are those of a real enbalmer who was employed at the Forest Lawn mortuary at the time.)

I'm glad I read that though, I had no idea it was so long since his death. I thought it was around 1975-1985ish.

I actually used my Google skills today folks! The world is ending :lol:

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
^ No, it was a sad thing to know that Walt passed before his dream was fulfilled here in Florida. He wasn't around for the opening of Magic Kingdom in 1971. His brother was there though, but even he died soon after that. The good news is, his nephew has been here many times to see what has been built. He really likes Animal Kingdom (is in many DVD's about that park).

I don't think that we need another reason to have Mr.Disney roll in his grave. Besides, we have enough Elvis's, Santa's, and Mr.Six's walking around. There is no need to add more to the mix. The next thing you know someone will pay to have "Michael Jackson" in their place signing autographs.

Mark

Strata Poster
Apparently he is already in there, so to speak. As one of the ghost heads or something...

spicy

Giga Poster
I liked seeing him in the parade I thought that was pretty cool at his desk drawing.

But not a meet and greet character that would just be weird.

jokerman

Giga Poster
To me, Walt Disney himself has never been a man (Cue cheesy music). When I think of him, I think not of a person who made some films, but rather the ideas he had, and what his vision was. He is less a man, more an entity. (End cheesy music)

That's not really the way I wanted to put that, sounds stupid, but I'm too tired.

Oh, no I don't he should be a character.

A

Anonymous

Just no on this poll...

It would feel a bit like:
Pedobear.png

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Mark said:
Apparently he is already in there, so to speak. As one of the ghost heads or something...

Apparently this is wrong. I heard that for many years, but then I read that it was actually one of The Sherman Brothers (who Walt was very close to, they wrote "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". Presumably, because I think it could pass as Walt, people presumed it was him.

Upon research I have discovered that I am completely wrong! The Sherman Brothers didn't sing "Grim Grinning Ghosts", but Walt is not one of the heads.

Find out who they are HERE.

As for my contribution into my own topic, I think it's a riddiculous idea! I also think if such thing happened Disney fans all around the world would consider it disrespectful. I think his 'spirit' is enough to keep the park alive. I'm afriad Paris, Orlando, Tokyo and Hong Kong will just have to go without.

Were they even the ghost heads you were thinking of Mark? If not nice trivia for everyone there!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think a statue would be sufficent. As far as I'm aware, there are statues of him in some (all?) Disney parks already.

Other than that, per UC.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Got to agree with UC.

When I think of Disney, I think of Mikey and the gang.

Also, I think, no matter how hard the tries, it would ruin the magic and aura so to speak that surrounds him. I think it would only serve to drag his name throught the ground and ruin the legend and magic of him. I know what I am saying is cheesy and that, but it's how I see it and I don't think I could get my point across properly any other way.

Kids would not be interested, and would not know who he was. Older people would know, but kids who meet the characters would not know him and would not want a picture. To them characters are real and if I was 6 I'd want a picture with Buzz more than a man I didn't know. In that respect a Walt character would be pointless.

So nay, I would be sad to see him as a character, I'm afraid it would do more harm than good, and upset, offend and disturb people.