What's new

Shooting for Skyrush Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfI305

Roller Poster
So I know there are a few folks who try to make skyrush records, so I thought to myself "Heck - I'm only 15 minutes away, why don't I give this a shot?"

Since the ride opened, I've ridden the ride exactly 1,200 times, and have ridden it 137 times in one day MAX. The day was dead, and they were running 1 train that day. I told the ride ops what I was trying, and they just let me sit in the ADA seat.

What do you guys think? Do you think I have a chance?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, I think you have a chance. You'd have a better chance if you got in touch with the park magement and let them know what you're doing. They might be able to help you.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
But should you? It seems as if you're just doing it for the record, and not out of passion. Your favorite coaster is I305, yet you decide to do Skyrush instead. If you just do it to beat the record and nothing else, then what's the point in doing it? If it's for charity or because it's your favorite thing ever, then yeah, do it. But if you do it for a little bragging rights, then it's a complete waste of time.

Ben

CF Legend
I say go for it, I'd love to see you get the record!

I'd do what Ian has suggested and contact the park - they may even help you out a little!

Good luck!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
GuyWithAStick said:
If it's for charity or because it's your favorite thing ever, then yeah, do it. But if you do it for a little bragging rights, then it's a complete waste of time.
I never get why coaster enthusiasts ride rollercoasters for charity. Yes, I agree that it involves endurance and publicity but I think charity stunts should take somebody out of their comfort zone a little, then it's a real achievement. Any of us could ride a coaster all day long without breaking into a sweat. Sometimes personal, self-serving glory is a better motivator.

KingOfI305

Roller Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
But should you? It seems as if you're just doing it for the record, and not out of passion. Your favorite coaster is I305, yet you decide to do Skyrush instead. If you just do it to beat the record and nothing else, then what's the point in doing it? If it's for charity or because it's your favorite thing ever, then yeah, do it. But if you do it for a little bragging rights, then it's a complete waste of time.

Skyrush is like a Mini-I305 with a lap bar, that's my reasoning. That and it's a heck of a lot closer.

Thank you to those who suggested to contact park management - I don't wanna go that crazy when the park is literally 15 minutes away from me.

Now if I were to do an I305 record, I'd contact the park for sure.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Skyrush looks incredible, fast, forceful and ultra intense but does it ever get a bit boring to ride 100+ times a day?

KingOfI305

Roller Poster
cjbrandy said:
Skyrush looks incredible, fast, forceful and ultra intense but does it ever get a bit boring to ride 100+ times a day?

Actually it is - very boring indeed. I do it though for the lulz.

I usually do it after work, say 30ish laps a day. I'll take a break and enjoy my mistress known as Storm Runner, but that's sometimes.

I usually end up at the park to pick up my girlfriend, who works there. She loves the coasters herself too, just not as crazy about them enough to create an account on a site like this :p

EDIT: Removed off-topic content - Hixee

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I think you're referring to Emily aka "QueenofSkyrush" and I'm pretty sure she has the record for most laps?
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjbGOpq5GzA[/youtubevid]

Intricks

Strata Poster
Di7rl4M.gif

Oh. My. God. I honestly cant believe you are here.

Like, I knew your obsession with Miss Queen was bad, but sweet god is this sad hunty.

But please do continue this ruse. It entertains me deeply that someone who no longer cares for you holds your attention so vastly.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think you should do something more productive with your time than trying to spite well-respected members of this site. It's quite pathetic. Thank you.

KingOfI305

Roller Poster
1. Shes a member of the site? Huh - didnt know that.
2. I am lapping skyrush in between my full time job in IT, spending time with my girlfriend (who finds this hilarious), chores around home, and hanging out with friends at hookah lounges.
3. Haha so I guess my reputation is already known to everyone. Well yes - I am the Notorious Brendon; I have had a bit of "cleaning" to do, as folks have made it their objective to drag my name through filth.

Its okay though - I am only 15 minutes from the park. I can hit 2,000 in no time

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Considering he low-key called Jarrett "controlling" and "abusive", I seriously doubt that. From what I hear, he was Queen of Skyrush's ex, which I guess is how we're supposed to know him?

Intricks

Strata Poster
not-today2.gif

This is going to be my last post on this subject, but dont try and play the Victim card here. You did this all to yourself from your posts within a group, to the blatant harassment of others.

You dont get to play that card. Not today - not ever.

I would seriously suggest a mod lock this thread.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, I agree.

I was happy enough with this topic being a discussion about breaking the record, but this is just dragging loads of **** onto the forums that we just don't need.

PM me if you have any issues with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.