What's new

Shock: Launched X-Car-Coaster - Rainbow Magicland, Italy

Martyn B

CF Legend
I know the quality of the clip is quite poor, but it looks like it rolls back quite slowly, which maybe leans towards magnetic trims on that incline?

Edit: This...

154298_1676395880655_1560218593_1645202_4739102_n.jpg

..could be trim??

If so, why? Unless you're trying to break any kind of speed record, I cant see the reason for such immense trims on a first hill.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It doesn't look like it's been launched with anywhere near enough speed. I think the fact it seems to roll back so slowly might be due to the slower launch speed.

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought they were some kind of boost on the launch? Is it possible for it to be both? And the actual "Boost" wasn't working proper? - Stupid post, I know!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I always thought they were a second launch, kinda like California Screamin.

If that's the case, maybe they're just testing the initial launch and the roll-back systems before moving onto that one.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This ride is going to have the worst capacity ever. And this is meant to be the signature coaster? Good.

peep

CF Legend
It's a very short ride though and with only a small handful of guests to deal with each time the train has to re-load then it should flow quite well (if operated well) and should have quite a nice queue that doesn't really stand still but one that moves on a regular basis. Then again what do I know, I'm just speculating and it could easily go either way.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It has just ONE section of MCBR (so, 4 blocks: station, launch/track, MCBR, brakes and transfer). Even if they are running the coaster at full capacity (3 cars), which means 18 people at the same time, they could reach a theoretical capacity of like 540 pph (that if they were launching trains every 40 seconds or so).

peep

CF Legend
New footage released by the park today. Makes it look a lot faster imo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASoGMqq9bA[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
That's loads better, the turn after the loop is crazy.

Not convinced it'll be the BEST X-Car, but, it does look up there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it looks quite odd with only one train going round. The track/structure is massive, but they're only little cars. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Very cool!

I agree Hixee, the one car bit does seem a bit out of place. At least that means you'll always have a good seat!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Could they easily adjust it to use 2 cars in the future?

It does strike me as odd for the parks signature coaster to have such crap capacity.